View Full Version : Page Colors

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 05:24 PM
I am having some trouble nailing down the final color schemes for my web. I have WAY to much blue going on, and not enough other colors. I followed this one guys advice for the most part and found a picture of something in nature that I found beautiful (with a blue base) and tried to use the main colors from that. It was this blue flower, and I used some of the blues, but the earth tones looked aweful on the page.

So I need some help on picking what colors for which elements. I do want to keep the blue background (if I get a general consensus that it looks ok), and the nav bar color if possible. But feel free to suggest colors for everything else, including a main color base for the banner. Keep in mind that the current banner is a "Hey I need a rough estimate of the banner size, so I will take 3 seconds to wip one up in photoshop" banner.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

-Ben

Whoopsie, here's the link, savvy? http://www.users.qwest.net/~broadmoorapts/compor.htm

brothercake
09-03-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm not such a colour person, but I did notice that the child menus coming off "potential tenants" and "current tenants" are not quite wide enough, causing a rollover displacement in mozilla.

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Wow, that was quick!

So they are not wide enough? I noticed the same thing in IE, but they are too wide and only part of them become visible. Once the menu hits the right-most border of the content div, the rest gets hidden...I am not sure how to fix it, other than just comming up with a shorter label.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-Ben

Antoniohawk
09-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Why not just pushing the label a little to the left?

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Yea, that's what I'll probably end up doing.

However, I am still in my origional predicament of choosig colors, are there any experts on that?

Thanks!

-Ben

MotherNatrsSon
09-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Play with this for a bit and see what happens.

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Personally, I would make the dark bakground color lighter than the blue in the page.

MNS

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Wow! Great Link! Almost as good as the Link from the Zelda games (but no other link is that great)!

Anywho, thanks for the pointer, I am going to mess around with the program and see what I come up with.

However, I do think that I am trying too many background colors. I am going to leave the #content white, and try changing the h1, h2, etc colors, maybe even add a little graphic or something. I have something right now, in which I use part of the logo for a bullet-like thing. I have it here (http://www.users.qwest.net/~broadmoorapts/images/test.jpg)

I don't know if that is tacky at all, but let me know what you think!

-Ben

brothercake
09-03-2003, 08:00 PM
I reckon, increase the width and then right-align the menu, something like

defineSubmenuProperties(140,"right","left",0,0);

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Alright, ol' boy, I'll give that a try!

Does anyone think the logo-title thing looks dumb or tacky? I really don't want to spend the time doing this if everyone hates it.

Opinions please.

-Ben

bradyj
09-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben@WEBProp
Does anyone think the logo-title thing looks dumb or tacky? I really don't want to spend the time doing this if everyone hates it.
-Ben

mmm, a little:) I think the logo in the top left doesn't really look like a logo. It looks like a watermark with text on top. I would make a stronger header, with the logo, that stands out from the rest of the page.

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Oh, ya, maybe I forgot to mention it, but the banner is not permanent. It is my 2-second rendition of an ode to a thought about a banner. It will not stay there. However, the banner will probably have the logo in it somwhere. Check out this one (http://www.users.qwest.net/~broadmoorapts/images/test2.jpg) and see which one of the two you like better.

Thanks for the help!

-Ben

Ben@WEBProp
09-03-2003, 11:04 PM
In addition to the post right above this one, what should I do about the color of the div with the short property description (also contains the pic). I have no idea what color to use, and white looks too bland. I can't find the right shade of blue to use, and green looks messed up. I would really like a light blue that doesnt clash too much with the title div above it...any suggestions?

-Ben

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum