View Full Version : My site looks bad in IE7? - 2nd opinion please!

Buffmin
04-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Hello.
I created a website.

My client likes the site, but when one of his customers was reviewing the website, he said it looked horrible on his screen! Of course his customer was using IE7.
1) He said nav bar looked bad (which is "Superfish" jquery)
2) He also said the 4 big button images at the top didn't look right.

I said I would look at it (knowing that only 2.5% of users still use IE7).

I used "IEtester" & "netrenderer" (selecting IE7) and the site looks fine.
Can anyone please give me some advice?

I am just wondering if this guy is just way behind on other updates, etc?

My client's attitude is that "many customers might have the same issue.?!

Could someone please tell me how they would handle this situation? I would appreciate it. Thanks, Buffmin the site is....

http://certifiedmedicalsales.com/medical-automatic-manifolds.shtml

bzforum
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Use some CSS for IE7 check

<!--[if IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ie7.css">
<![endif]-->

and define ie7 css you could use SuperPreview for remote browser views...i think this should solve the issue permanently :)

Buffmin
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks. That will do it.

And, do you have the link to the supersite? or are you actually refering to winsupersite.com?

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if that is the site, what "tool" in particular were you refering to that could to help me? I have never used that site.

Thanks again, Buffmin

bzforum
04-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks. That will do it.

And, do you have the link to the supersite? or are you actually refering to winsupersite.com?

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but if that is the site, what "tool" in particular were you refering to that could to help me? I have never used that site.

Thanks again, Buffmin

Im really sorry it is the Microsoft's SuperPreview software which lets you see sites in remote browsers :)

alykins
04-11-2012, 12:34 AM
unless you made changes it looks fine to me... see for yourself... also a good tool to use is http://browsershots.org/

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum