View Full Version : How do I modify this script...?

07-23-2002, 10:18 PM
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
<!-- begin
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); window.onmousedown=click;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.KEYDOWN); window.onkeydown=click;
function click(e){
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape'){
if (e.which != 1){
return false;}}
if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"){
if (event.button != 1){
return false;}}}
// end -->

I found that this script disables all keys except the "Print Screen" key. Is here any way that can disable it?
Thankx for helping!!

07-24-2002, 06:39 AM
The answer to this question is: NO

07-24-2002, 10:21 AM
so, what happens if you get a user with a disability of some kind, who uses the keyboard to navigate? and what about all of the legitimate uses of the keyboard while on your website? i think you'll find in testing, that the script ends up being more of a problem than a solution.

07-24-2002, 05:49 PM
so....the printscreen key cannot be disabled...aiiii....

The reason why i made this script is bcuz some dudes are using the print screen key to print out graphix on my site and reproduce it on their own website without my permission

i do not intend 2 give disabled ppl a hard time
and besides, i won't put this script in every sigle page of my website...i am not that crazy -_-

well thankx for trying to help anyways

07-25-2002, 05:32 AM
so add your site logo or your name to the pictures. also, if they have a guestbook on their site, post an entry in it, about how they're stealing your content. you don't need to be nasty or something, you just need to point out that it's happening.

i'd check and make sure that that's really what's happening, though. could just be a mistake or something.