View Full Version : My list of website building skills ,complete ?

jeorge_kabbi
03-28-2012, 09:00 PM
i want to be able to build a "pro grade" dynamic web site myself , so from what i know (from my general computer knowledge) is that i will need:
HTML/CSS
+
client site scripting language : the one i know is javascript
+
server side scripting language : most commonly ASP or PHP along with a database like MSSQL server or Mysql
+
graphic design knowledge : most commonly Photoshop

(flash was dropped on purpose)

the question is :anything else missing from the list ?

felgall
03-28-2012, 09:24 PM
The only thing I can see wrong with your list is that graphics design knowledge and knowing how to use Photoshop are two completely different skills.

Graphics design is mostly done in your head and on paper. Photoshop would be used for throwing together designs that have already been worked out to show a client and for preparing images for use on the web. Any other graphics program you happen to have available can be substituted for Photoshop if you are just creating images for your own site.

jeorge_kabbi
03-29-2012, 03:20 AM
The only thing I can see wrong with your list is that graphics design knowledge and knowing how to use Photoshop are two completely different skills.

Graphics design is mostly done in your head and on paper. Photoshop would be used for throwing together designs that have already been worked out to show a client and for preparing images for use on the web. Any other graphics program you happen to have available can be substituted for Photoshop if you are just creating images for your own site.

:thumbsup: thank you

tracknut
03-29-2012, 03:28 AM
I've found knowing XML to be useful, even though its a relatively small percentage of the space.

Dave

jeorge_kabbi
04-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I've found knowing XML to be useful, even though its a relatively small percentage of the space.

Dave

yup thank you

Nightfire
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Part of javascript that's almost essential to learn is these days is jquery and ajax

A1dfw
04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
For graphics you may try expression blend also. Mostly used in desktop application though.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum