View Full Version : First Site Little Bit of Redesigning

samxdesigns
03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
So I took some advice from some pretty high ranking users on these forums and decided to redesign and take out some stuff on my homepage.

Tell me how it looks. :D
If you have any constructive criticism you would like to add, feel free to do so. :)

Link: http://www.moderncoding.tk

Thanks,

Sam. (:

MarPlo
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi,
I visited the site and i lost the interest after seeing alert message after the page loaded.

samxdesigns
03-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi,
I visited the site and i lost the interest after seeing alert message after the page loaded.

Erased the alert message, that was only supposed to be a temporary message that I forgot to delete.

It's gone now so could you possibly revisit? (:

Nightfire
03-25-2012, 01:28 AM
For a first site, it doesn't look too bad, but it does look like a first site. In other words there is no layout to it, it's plain and basic. It does look alot better than the first design you showed though.

You'd want a good image/design showing your title page at the top, rather than just big links. Have the links at the side or below the title.

SB65
03-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Avoid the use of frames.

You also have no doctype (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/doctype/) in your markup - this is essential if you want IE to behave itself.

Look and feel wise I'd add:

- Experiment with fonts - look into @font-face to render non-standard fonts. At the moment, other than your menu, your site renders with the default font - usually Times New Roman - which tends, unfortunately, to scream "not finished"
-Your content text is very squashed up against the container. Try increasing the padding on #main-wrap so the text can breathe.
-Your menu buttons overlap the top of #main-wrap. You can avoid this by assigning a height to .navbar.

samxdesigns
03-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks for your constructive criticism guys. :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum