View Full Version : help to fix my website flash

CdnReaper
03-23-2012, 09:17 PM
My Site motherboardsolutions.net78.net will not load correctly on host, i have tried other flash sites on same host and they work. not sure what is wrong with this site but when viewed local offline it works and functions perfect.

i have no idea what to fix with the flash file. i bought the template for $78 US and modified the xml file with my data and content. never had a issue until site went on to host

any help would be great thanks in advance

adaminaudio
03-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi,

What exactly is happening? is it just sitting there, or do you get an error?

did they give you an .fla file? If so it could be a publishing issue, so make sure that 'access network only' is checked .

you could also try to install the debugger version of the flash player and see if it tells you anything.

CdnReaper
03-24-2012, 02:28 PM
thanx for reply yes they gave me all the files a fla, swf

no error comes up, it loads the site and seems the xml is parsing the data to flash, just seems like flash isnt loading properly, menu titles are blank, spacing and readmore buttons are all out of whack. but i view the site offline and it runs perfect

the psd images all the xml and html files first time using flash so unsure how i do the "did they give you an .fla file? If so it could be a publishing issue, so make sure that 'access network only' is checked"

and how to install a debugger ?

thanx for the help

i have macromedia flash 8 pro installed to load up flash documents and such i can open the fla and see the layout but not sure how to change or what to use

CdnReaper
03-27-2012, 05:37 AM
can anyone help ?

adaminaudio
03-28-2012, 01:52 AM
CdnReaper,

does it matter what browser you're using? (I'm just shooting in the dark here)

what did they give you when you bought it? Do you have the source code so that you can debug it?

you should also try asking the guys/gals on actionscript.org, lots of knowledgable people over there

CdnReaper
03-28-2012, 02:28 PM
I have tried actionscript too just trying to sort out path issues as directed there

browser don't matter same issue in both chrome and IE

yes I have all the source files. all I did was change the xml content to mine and the fla file to network only and republished the swf file.

my index page has the correct container for the video 766x700

site seems to load but is all out of whack like the css didn't format properly.

I have tried to upload the original template untouched and it loads the same way my site is. but offline it loads and works they way it should

djpaul1963
05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I can't see anything wrong there with Chrome, but why don't you ask for help from the template developer? Maybe he has some advice.

p4lrusty
05-10-2012, 06:18 PM
matrimonial lawyer in brooklyn (http://www.robertgearshon.com)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum