View Full Version : Visual C# .net AJAX integration

dpDesignz
03-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Hey Guys

I'm wanting to do something like what they have on the image uploader in wordpress.

I've got a page, I want to press a button and have it pop up another page called uploader with my ASP.NET file uploader in it, which I've got done using fancybox. Now when I press upload I want it to upload the image, close the fancybox and load the predefined text into a text box on the original page. Does anyone know how I would do this?

I've got it working kind of, but I have response.redirect and it loads the page again instead of just updating that field...

I know it needs to be done with AJAX, I'm just not sure how.

Let me know if you need anymore info or if it can't be done. :)

bzforum
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Guys

I'm wanting to do something like what they have on the image uploader in wordpress.

I've got a page, I want to press a button and have it pop up another page called uploader with my ASP.NET file uploader in it, which I've got done using fancybox. Now when I press upload I want it to upload the image, close the fancybox and load the predefined text into a text box on the original page. Does anyone know how I would do this?

I've got it working kind of, but I have response.redirect and it loads the page again instead of just updating that field...

I know it needs to be done with AJAX, I'm just not sure how.

Let me know if you need anymore info or if it can't be done. :)

You will have to use Update Panel for this...Use an Update Panel and a ScriptManager and place the control in which you want to change the text inside the Update Panel..and then make the call...

P.S : Response Statements do not work in UpdatePanels....

dpDesignz
04-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks heaps! :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum