View Full Version : Search milk.net removal??

SHEPME
03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone.
I did not know where to turn for help, so I am hoping someone on the forum could help. I somehow picked up this virus or what ever it is. Everytime I type in a search in my search engine, the search gets re-directed by this program "saerch milk.net" to a bunch of links that they want me to click on. Most of the time they re-direct me to nothing that has to do with my search!
I went online to find out how to get rid of it but I keep ending up at programs for sale to remove it probably by the search milk.net people.

Any one know how to remove this damn thing!!

Thanks
Shepard

teedoff
03-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Can you manually go to a URL?

If so, here is a tut for removing this virus.

http://www.malwareexperts.com/how-to-remove-search-milk-net-redirect-virus/

SHEPME
03-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Hi teed,
Thanks for the help.
This appears to be a gimmick.
I completed the many tasks as the article instructs but the search milk.net was still re-directing my saerchs?
I called the 800 number on the article. They wanted $130.00 to remove the virus or what ever it is.
I think that I am just going to remove Internet explorer from my system and re-install it. Hopefully that works?

As always, Thanks
Shep

teedoff
03-15-2012, 10:51 PM
The steps they list should do the trick. I'm sure if you call them., they're not going to help anyone without a fee...lol

I suggest you reboot your pc in safe mode with networking(F8), and at least download malwarebytes. Its free, or at least has a free version and try that.

SHEPME
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok Teed , I will tri it.
Have a nice weekend!
Shep

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum