View Full Version : Which cms is good

03-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Am about building a website for a paint company. Which cms would be good to design a paint company's site. I'll need something that's good with picture. TIA.

03-15-2012, 02:20 PM
ummm well most any of them. But each CMS has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Wordpress is probably the easiest to learn and get set up. Even though it was original a CMS for blogs, it has grown into a fully cutomizable website management system.

03-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Am about building a website for a paint company. Which cms would be good to design a paint company's site. I'll need something that's good with picture. TIA.

I would suggest that use Wordpress as a CMS because it has various benefits and easy to carry.. if you want other CMS information then this link is good for you..

03-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Tanx al0t

03-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Types of CMS
Here are some of the types or groupings you could start with:

Free or commercial
Lightweight / standard / enterprise-class
Server type: LAMP or IIS (PHP - MySQL, or ASP - .NET - Microsoft SQL Server)
Database or flat-file DB type
Pre-defined templates or grow-your-own
Basic text and image publishing, or rich media capability

How we will choose a CMS???

03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
How we will choose good a CMS???????

anuradha chawla
03-20-2012, 11:39 AM
I think you should choose CMS for this project is Joomla due to it's flexibility and ease of use with the front-end editor.

Info by- DHost

03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I would stick away from wordpress for community websites but rely on wordpress heavily for a general CMS. It has thousands of plugins, and a huge user-base. Not to mention google seems to love it.
Better Vitamin (http://bettervitamin.com)

03-22-2012, 04:08 PM
There is no doubt that wordpress is the best and most popular CMS. Wordpress is the most popular cms due to its user friendly features. Moreover you'll get lots of helpful wordpress plugins for your site. So really wordpress is a great CMS.

03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I really dislike wordpress, and Joomla isn't much higher on my like list, tbh. Drupal is sometimes a pain (it was a REALLY steep learning curve for me) but newer versions are easier to use and I imagine it will get even more intuitive and user-friendly as time goes on. The one I hear praised a LOT is modx.

tbh, no matter what one I try out, I always just come back to Dreamweaver. Perhaps there are some that will argue that Dreamweaver is not a CMS but technically it is and I don't like the others so :P to them, for lack of a more sophisticated way to put it. hehe.

03-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Wordpress is not only a CMS but also a tool, such kinda tool that you can play with and sky is the limit. It is easier than anything on the earth and there are tons of tutorials. I dislike Joomla for having such a messy admin panel. Haven't used Drupal much, but have built and own at least 50 wordpress blogs and I am happy. Best thing is most of the coolest plugins of wordpress are free! :)

03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Certainly I'll suggest you to use wordpress. It is a great CMS. You can get so many plugins for your wordpress site. To build a paint company's site you can use wordpress. You can design your site nicely if you use wordpress. Moreover, you'll get lots of facilities if you use this great CMS.

03-28-2012, 02:09 PM
well its totally up to you you likes and dislikes and most importantly your knowledge and requirements from the CMS which you are using i suggest if you are a new to use CMS then go with Word Press because its comparatively easy to learn and use also have lots of plug ins for specific purposes and tasks.