View Full Version : Chasing Unicorns While Avoiding Suicide

joshbroton
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Everyone,

We have a client who doesn't generate a ton of traffic (2000-5000 hits a day). They've got a site that is a pure portal... all the information is behind a security wall. They get one or two calls to their tech support team a day saying someone can't access the website... either it doesn't display at all or the login doesn't work. It sounds bad, but this is the rest of the information I know:

1. They are all on IE7 (we don't support) or IE8.
2. If they close their browser and re-open it, everything works perfectly.
3. Users can't offer us any more information other than "it doesn't load" (mostly agricultural clientele with no computer experience).

We've tried to diagnose, with no luck being able to recreate the issue on any one of 50 PCs or even on those user computers when we call them back. Do you guys ever deal with situations like this, and if so, how far do you go trying to diagnose a unicorm?

I appreciate any information you can give more than you know.

DanInMa
03-08-2012, 10:33 PM
you might want to read the sticky about posting guidelines. your subject makes this look like a spam message btw.

- Have you been able to replicate the issue?
- if the page doesnt display at all, does it give a 404 error or jsut a blank page? if your getting 404's then youve got a server issue and its time to check the server logs.

- also you could check your server logs in the time frame users reported the issue and see if anythign stands out.

- you havent really listed any code, etc.. so folks can really only make wild guesses about your issue.

SB65
03-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Server CPU maxing out?
Just to add my own little shot in the dark...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum