View Full Version : Iframe OR email client

02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi guys, as i was wondering why my iframe are not working,so then i was thinking about if there was another way to use an email client in a frame on my website, or even if there is a good open source (secure) email client i can incorperate into my website, this is purely for use for the staff of my website, so max of about 15 people when the site goes live.

02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
You need a full-blown email client on your site?
Or just a simple way to send a message without any other options?

Here's a free one:

You need to use PHP along with a MySQL database.
You won't need to use an <iframe> because it is installed in your own website.
No external email client needed.

02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
well ill explain in more detail and you can give me your opinion as im not sure if im going the complete wrong way with this:

my host has squirrelmail and roundbox installed on their server, however, i have set up email addresses for my staff members, they can use squirrelmail/roundbox fine by going to the direct link, however i wanted them to be able to use (sent/recieve) their emails right from the control panel on my site, hence the iframe idea. However, this did not work as i could not get the iframe working, so i then made this topic, purely out of peoples opinions i wanted to just get an idea on the best way to do this, so that they can do it right from inside my site, only to send/read/recieve emails.

so what do you think would be the best way to do this?

Thanks for the post mlseim :)

03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Anything you do by hand (PHP/MySQL) would be the same as any
other email client, like Squirrelmail. You could make a "quickform" to
send textbox contents to someone else's email ... like a simple contact form,
but to read emails, have them listed, inbox, outbox, sent, etc. You're back
to an email client ... back to where you started.

Maybe a chat box thing is more like what you're wanting?

03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
well i did want it to run through the users email address, below is the iframe i tried, and it didnt work :s so if you could help me get that working it would be great :)

<iframe src="http://www.node2.exoware.net/roundcube/index.php" name="email" scrolling="yes" width="99%"></iframe>

03-01-2012, 12:26 AM
what happens when you do that? describe the problem.

03-01-2012, 12:28 AM
i get a width and height scroll bar thats the right width, but very short in height and it still displays the background image from the <td> that the iframe is inside of