View Full Version : Urgent help needed to locate the content source of site

A1dfw
02-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi there.

Recently, my boss gave me a web project of modifying website content. The web address is
www. a 1 d f w .com

I'm pretty well with Wordpress customization and this is a wordpress website. The problem I'm facing is that I couldn't update any content of the site since I couldn't locate actually from where the data is loading. I'm confused what previous developers actually used.

For example
"http://www.a1dfw.com/index.php/baggage/ .. In every link they used
/index.php/ this index.php directory. I downloaded the full public_html using ftp and sql database, but couldn't locate the content to update.

Please help.

Adee
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Would need to see the directory structure first. If there are no databases involved than it is stored in some other file.

test

A1dfw
02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Would need to see the directory structure first. If there are no databases involved than it is stored in some other file.

test

I coudn't find any directory called index.php -- this is the confusing part.

tangoforce
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
So it may well be a .htaccess file you need to look at then. It may be using the rewrite engine to rewrite the url to another script where it might be pulling content from a database.

A1dfw
02-29-2012, 07:51 AM
So it may well be a .htaccess file you need to look at then. It may be using the rewrite engine to rewrite the url to another script where it might be pulling content from a database.

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Is this the .htaccess file you are talking about? Please guide me. I still couldn't change content of the existing site.

A1dfw
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
whoa! What a pain! Downloaded 4000+ files and went through all. Thanks for your suggestion. They wrote a script called rd.php where I fouth that they are using the rewrite engine to rewrite the url to another script.... hehe. Stupid developer! Just wondering why he made it so difficult to find. :@

Thank you tango. :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum