View Full Version : Contact form without redirecting-'submit' button

Real Hyder
02-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Friends, I want a simple contact form of 3 fields on my website which emails data on my email address or write a file on my server or just other any way inform me that data.

But I dont want that "submit" button redirects to other 'thankyou' page where code is located.

Plzzzzzzzz suggest or tell me what I have to do??

Philip M
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
A "thank you" page will only be shown if you code (redirect to) that.

You cannot send form data by email.

The trouble with using this long-obsolete method (mailto) to send form results is its unpredictability. The method it is highly dependent on the browser in use
and the email client in use (some people have only Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail). In particular, your visitor must have Outlook or Outlook Express as the default
client for this to work correctly. Even if your visitor is using Internet Explorer, but the default mail client is different (e.g. Eudora or Thunderbird), your mailto form will
not work. With all of the browser troubles, you're likely to lose about half of your users' messages. Most of the email clients that can successfully
send a mail will prompt the user with a somewhat threatening security dialog prior to sending - this can scare many users from continuing. Other users will not wish to reveal their email address. Also, what about people with Javascript disabled?

In addition, if you place an unobfuscated email address in your webpage, the bots will quickly find it and inundate you in spam.

In fact few browsers these days accept mailto: as a form action. You need a really old browser (<IE6) for it to work as more modern browsers simply
open the email program (if any) and ignore the form. If you are going to use a form then use a server-side CGI formmail script as the action - there are
several good free ones out there.

For a simple PHP form feedback script see:- http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/feedbackphp.shtml

For more info see:- http://apptools.com/rants/mailto.php

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

Co1dFusion
02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
The PHP mail() function can be used to send email

You will have to have your form redirect to somewhere, as that is where the script to process it is.

The best solution I can think of is having your PHP script process the form data, and then redirect you back to the page you were on.

Real Hyder
02-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks friends,

This is the solution :/ Okk if nothing other then I have to use it..

Can somebody tells me the script to install in the php page which redirect user back to the page you were on???

Real Hyder
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak you friends.

http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/feedbackphp.shtml

This works what I want. Thaaaaaaanks : )))))))))))))))))

Thank you.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum