View Full Version : burning java programs into a compact disk, how?

02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
how do i burn a java program on an external CD(compact disk)? So that this CD could be used to run the java program on another system.

02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Same as any other file. Jar's are simply java archives. You will be responsible for providing all supporting resources or documentation specifying where the resources must be placed on a client machine.
Beyond that, all the client would need is a JRE installed.

02-24-2012, 09:09 PM
fou-lu you said i will be responsible for the resources, i dnt understand your point. Please can you make your explanation much more clear. I have suceeded in writing this euclid program saved with a .java file extension but don't know how to burn it on a compact disk so that my teacher will be able to run it. Its a kinda of assignment. Waiting for your reply.

02-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Just burn it. .java isn't an exectuable file, so they simply need to target their disk drive during a java call. Its not different than placing it on a removable flash drive or floppy disk.
As for resources, I'm talking about things like the necessary supporting jar's for SQL connections, extended GUI managers like substance, custom graphs and other datastructures etc. If its not a part of the java core api, you need to provide it or tell a user where to get it and where to put it so that it runs.

Oops, my bad. .java isn't even runnable by java, that would be the resulting .class file. They'll need to compile it before they can run it.