View Full Version : Using images as links on Dreamweaver, help please.
02-21-2012, 01:14 AM
I must admit I'm not expert at Dreamweaver. I have used it to create basic websites but only learnt how to use images as links at school years ago.
The design I created is on www.pocahontees.com. I tried to make the words into clickable links by saving it piece by piece and putting it back together on Dreamweaver, but it ended up becoming spaced out and not looking right at all. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix it? I've tried redoing it a couple of times but it still ends up looking like a jumbled mess. Please help!
02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Your site link doesn't work.... server not found at the URL you gave.
If I understand you, you want to make an image a clickable link?
<a href="somePage.html"><img src="myImage.jpg"></a>
02-21-2012, 06:41 AM
It looks like you have a partial image map but I think there are some elements missing. Setting up image maps in dreamweaver is pretty straightforward - try here (http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/image_maps.asp)
Look like you are half way there :)
02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
You can follow the following procedure in dreamweaver
1) Create a new or open up an existing website on Macromedia Dreamweaver.
2) Go up to you main toolbar on the top of the screen and click Insert, then scroll down to image.
3) Another window will pop up after selecting Image on the Insert toolbar.
On the top of this window it will read "Select File" Browse through your computer documents
and locate the file which you want to link to a website.
Highlight that file and press Select what you are completed.
4) You image will then appear in the Macromedia Dreamweaver window. Form here you can resize or reshape you image,
to fit where you want it to go on your particular website.
5) Highlight just the image you inserted and want to link and right click on it while it is still selected.
6) Scroll all the way down to Make Link on the menu which pops up.
7) After selecting Make Link one final window will pop up, this is where you enter the URL or address of the website you want to link.
Type in this website address in the URL: command box at the bottom of the window., and hit select.
You can preview the website in Internet Explorer to make sure the link works correctly before actually uploading it onto a server.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.