View Full Version : What is this???

StickBoy
02-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Windows XP Home SP3

Found Fytiylh.exe running in TaskManager. Checked Google and ... nothing!?
It's in the Program Files under Ktrte. Checked that on Google, also nothing.
Any ideas?

Avast is installed and up to date. Scanned the files with Avast and it reports No Threat. Just ran Malwarebytes and it came up clean.

That's all fine, but what is it???

alykins
02-19-2012, 12:22 AM
end the process and see if anything breaks

StickBoy
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
End process ... nothing happened.
Log off and log in again, it's back.
There are two user accounts on this computer and it shows in both.
MSConfig Startup = shows this as well as diskediag.exe, another program I can find no information about via Google. (lots of pages that list it, but none that tell me what it is.)
It sits in the Windows directory and is also No Threat, according to Avast.
I can delete them both from the Registry, but doesn't answer my question of what are they and how did they get on my computer....
Thanks!

pawpoint
03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Its a bit disturbing that oogle only recognises it as a synonym for Fetish. Can you search your hard drive and just delete the files? It doesnt look like it is welcome there no matter what.

StickBoy
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Its a bit disturbing that oogle only recognises it as a synonym for Fetish. Can you search your hard drive and just delete the files? It doesnt look like it is welcome there no matter what.

Yes, I completely removed the whole thing from the computer a couple weeks ago when Avast finally said something about it. But I still don't know what it is, which was my question....

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum