View Full Version : Issue with WordPress footer code

purple oak
02-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post and been wrecking my brain for days looking over my code at my WordPress blog which I have just set up. It can be found here:

www.purpleoakdesign.com/blog

The issue is the footer. I want to make the background image of the footer stretch the full width of the page. I have called the div id main2. The issue I think lies here somewhere.

I want my footer to look like my website so my visitors dont think they have left my website. You can find my website here:

www.purpleoakdesign.com

Just so you know what I want the footer to look like. Anyone that has any suggestions is much appreciated. Maybe just needs a fresh pair of eyes.

Thanks guys! :D

Excavator
02-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello purple oak,
The way you have it right now, #wrapper .hfeed is limiting the width of your #footer.

To fix this, close #wrapper .hfeed before your #footer starts.

purple oak
02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Hello purple oak,
The way you have it right now, #wrapper .hfeed is limiting the width of your #footer.

To fix this, close #wrapper .hfeed before your #footer starts.

Thank you! Fixed it exactly as I wanted. Im new to Wordpress and its taking me a while to find my way around. It is looking great now. All I have to do now is fix the padding at the top and bottom and a few other things but that was the main thing I wanted fixed.

Thanks alot. :thumbsup:

Excavator
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Right on, looks much better now :thumbsup:

//edit - Too funny. Your map shows your office on a bridge.

purple oak
02-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Right on, looks much better now :thumbsup:

//edit - Too funny. Your map shows your office on a bridge.

Haha!! I know at the time I thought I was being clever as there were oak trees but now it looks like I live on the bridge! :cool:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum