View Full Version : When will CSS "text-shadow" be introduced for IntExp?

pstein
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
As I found out the CSS tag "text-shadow" is still only available for Firefox and Chrome but not for the IntExp (9).

When will MS finally include all the HTML/CSS features of the standard?

Peter

Taro
02-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, Peter, newer versions of Internet Explorer no longer support 'text-shadow.' But, there are alternatives like 'drop-shadow' and 'glowing' codes.

I have posted a link so you can see the alternatives. (http://www.useragentman.com/blog/2011/04/14/css3-text-shadow-can-it-be-done-in-ie-without-javascript/)

felgall
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
When will MS finally include all the HTML/CSS features of the standard?

IE9 does include everything that is in the standard. Only a few small parts of CSS3 have reached the status of being a standard while the rest still has some way to go before it is finally approved as a standard.

You can't blame Microsoft for waiting. They implemented some parts of CSS2 into IE5 before those parts were finished and then had those parts changed in the final standard. At the time IE5 was released the proposal for the box model was exactly as IE5 implemented it.

Arbitrator
02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
When will MS finally include all the HTML/CSS features of the standard?The CSS3 Text text-shadow property is supported in IE10 preview releases (i.e., "platform previews"). See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/09/29/css3-text-shadow-in-ie10.aspx for the 2011 September announcement on Microsoft's IEBlog.

To answer your literal question: a long, long time from now, if ever.

HTML5 is still a work in progress and a number of the features aren't finalized yet much less implemented in non-Microsoft (and Microsoft) browsers.

CSS3 is group of 28+ specifications (i.e., "modules") rather than a single monolithic specification like CSS2.1 was. Only 3 of those are finalized so far.

And CSS4... We already have two CSS4 specs that aren't anywhere near final.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum