View Full Version : IE 7 - Bug with Footer

02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I have a problem where in Internet explorer 7, it shows the footer with white space around it instead of cutting off the white space. I can't figure out what's causing it. Seems to be related to the .fright class. (Float right) in the navigation include file. This is probably caused because I put the top navigation at the bottom of the code underneath the footer for SEO reasons. *Didn't want it to be over the body text* so I used positioning to position it to the top visually.

If you could help me get it looking proper in IE 7.0 without putting the top navigation above the body text I would be grateful.

Website URL:

Stylesheet link:

02-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Looks like it's nothing to do with your footer but the background-image on the html element not being displayed in IE7. Could you not use a single background image on the body element instead?

(Incidentally, your home link should go to the root of your site: "/", not "/index.php". An SEO company particularly might want to follow this practice.)

02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks. I just had those there temporarily until I got the main page finished. Am going to do more tweaking to it after that.

Will try that out, thank you.