View Full Version : How to dress up a simple web page?

knowledgenotebk
02-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Greetings to all,

I'm a total newbie here. What I'd like to do is to slightly dress up an informational page (advice, tips type) to improve its readability, and possibly visual as well, but I definitely don't want to make if flashy or fancy. May I post its URL for thoughts or comments?

Tks.

VIPStephan
02-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Yes, you may.

knowledgenotebk
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Ok, here we go.

http://www.knowledgenotebook.com/review/best-note-taking-tips-from-10-colleges.html

Audience:
Primarily college students. They really need to READ it, in the meantime, they are so visual "hungry", so...

Secondary audience, university faculty and administrator, this type, probably care less about visual but you never know...

Thanks.

myfayt
02-04-2012, 07:45 PM
First of all the yellow is much too bright, it hurts my eyes.

Second the font using italic is too skinny, and hard to read as a blue, make it bold.

Three to add a little more to the layout, make a 1px or 2px border around the container (main frame)

and lastly number four. If you wish to keep the colors, then add a nice mellow background color.

knowledgenotebk
02-05-2012, 01:55 AM
First of all the yellow is much too bright, it hurts my eyes.

Second the font using italic is too skinny, and hard to read as a blue, make it bold.

Three to add a little more to the layout, make a 1px or 2px border around the container (main frame)

and lastly number four. If you wish to keep the colors, then add a nice mellow background color.

Thanks, let's start with 1st,
what bg-color would be good for this context?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum