View Full Version : Fatal error: Class 'finfo' not found in

02-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Im having a little trouble with finfo.

Im running PHP localy on my machine, i added extension=php_fileinfo.dll to php.ini and restarted my server, yet im still having issues.

Im using PHP version 5.2.17.

02-02-2012, 12:48 AM
You may need to update your PHP version. This is what I found.

That DLL file is bundeled with PHP 5.3.6

02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Second line in the API will always tell you what version you can use it on. If it shows multiple minor versions its typically linked into the major and minor (PHP > 5.2.9, PHP 5.3.2) for example would indicate any branch of 5.2.9+ or 5.3.2+.
You can always pull it out of PECL on a lower version than 5.3.6 though.

02-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Ahh okay, thanks, i ithink im gonna give upgrading a go :p.

EDIT: I downloaded Ver 5.3.9 but im having some trouble getting running. In my httpd.conf i currently have the line LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll" however in 5.39 that dll isnt there, the closest one is php.dll, should i use that instead?

02-02-2012, 03:32 PM
What version did you download?
Interesting enough, only VC9 exists for 5.3.9 on Windows x86, which has never been suggested to work with the apache binaries. I may have to read up a bit; you may need to get a newer version of Apache as well. Or you can delve into the archives and pull a VC6 version of a 5.3.6 version.

02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I got the VC9 version. I tihnk it might need to read up on things like the diffence between VC6 and VC9 and there compatability with apache. Im also having some issues getting MySQL to run with PHP so it might be a good idea for me to uninstall everything and try again :p.

02-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I uninstalled everything (PHP, MySQL and Apache). I reinstalled Apache 2.2.21, and got that running. Installed MySQL 5.5.20 and got that running using the command line tool and i installed PHP 5.3.5 (VC6 version) and got that running with Apache however im still getting the finfo error and i also get it with mysql_connect even though i uncommented the line in the php.ini for the mysql extension. Im not sure what going wrong but its confusing the hell outta me, Any idea what this could be?

EDIT: Typical, just after i post i figure it out :p. The line extension_dir = "C:\PHP\ext" was commented out in my php.ini, uncommented it, restart apache and it works