View Full Version : Is my design ok?

01-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey guys, I built this site and I've had a couple people tell me I should change the color scheme to make it easier on the eyes etc. I don't feel like it is hard on the eyes though, I like the colors. Most the people that told me this were family members who are over 40 though. So idk if it is the age difference or if I should change the colors?

01-25-2012, 07:23 PM
For a gaming site, I think the colors are very good. And I'm not the youngest anymore either.

01-25-2012, 07:46 PM
I personally love the design. The only trouble is it takes a while to load the homepage - your background image is extremely large. I would make it much smaller or at least make it a compressed JPEG...

BTW, you went cruise control on the forum titles....I would make them camel case.

01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
yes your website is too mono coloured even in saturation. try changing the background to a yellow it will make a good contrast and make the text easier to read

01-25-2012, 11:12 PM
thanks for the advice guys. I compressed my background its much smaller now can't believe I forgot to do that in the first place ;)

01-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Doesn't look bad, but as it's about wow, I'd probably do it in the cata colours personally. Some nice info on there, bookmarked ;)

01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Good job, I personally like the overall layout and idea. But it would be better if you could replace the background color with the lighter shade of the present. All the best.

02-21-2012, 02:08 AM
I think it looks very clean and it has a nice flow to the layout. I think the dark theme suits the style of the site

02-22-2012, 03:24 AM
The colors don't bother me but I had a similar issue on my site. The solution ended up being to keep the font close to the current color but lighter. For you it'd be like a light green. I tried it and it looks good. It's the subtle changes that make the difference.

02-28-2012, 05:56 AM

Personally, I think it look great. It's easy to read. The headings are all clearly marked. Nothing really feels cluttered.

The only thing that sort of stands out are the links to facebook/twitter/etc. at the top, and not even that they especially stand out. I think it might be cool to create your own icons for them in this theme.

02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks for your opinion. I'm actually working on making some custom social icons now, that's a great idea! :)