View Full Version : Dedicated PHP Programmer

reena19_lko
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I have a problem in using magic quotes in PHP. Can anybody explain me how to use magic quotes..

tangoforce
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Magic quotes is a feature of php. It's turned on via a setting in php.ini and is something that you should not be using.

It was a bad idea from the start.

What is your actual issue and do you have code to show us?

ankita19_lko
01-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Magic quotes that was created to help protect newbie programmers from writing bad form processing code. Magic quotes would automatically escape risky form data that might be used for SQL Injection with a backslash \. The characters escaped by PHP include: quote ', double quote ", backslash \ and NULL characters.
However, this newbie protection proved to cause more problems than it solved and is not in PHP 6. If your PHP version is any version before 6 then you should use this lesson to learn more about how magic quotes can affect you....

reena19_lko
01-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks a lot for the information...but if we the magic quotes will it hinder our programming code...????

tangoforce
01-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks a lot for the information...but if we the magic quotes will it hinder our programming code...????

Yes.

Learn to code without them or at least include code that checks for them being turned on.

reena19_lko
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks a lot for the information regarding magic quotes...now i will be able to use it properly..

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum