View Full Version : Light Box that won't disappear unless the visitor does CPA offers?

hustler2k
01-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Im trying to figure out how to create a light box that doesn't close to reveal the content on the website, unless the user fully completes atleast 2-3 CPA(Cost Per Action) offers that will pop up in the lightbox? i know how to make a lightbox with a plugin from wordpress, but I just don't know how to make it so it'll close when it figures out the user has completed the surveys/offers.
Kind of like this but maybe smaller to show there is content/download link behind it, http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=1595911

felgall
01-23-2012, 08:38 AM
You can't force your visitors to do anything using JavaScript - they can always either turn off your script or override it with their own.

There is no guarantee that a lightbox will ever open to start with but if you were to open one without any controls to close it your visitors would still be able to disable JavaScript for the page and then refresh the page in order to access the main content behind the lightbox without having to interact with it at all.

If you want to force people to complete something before being able to access something then you need to make it two separate pages linked together with a server side script that only permits access to the second page when sufficient information is passed from the first page.

hustler2k
01-23-2012, 09:23 PM
You can't force your visitors to do anything using JavaScript - they can always either turn off your script or override it with their own.

There is no guarantee that a lightbox will ever open to start with but if you were to open one without any controls to close it your visitors would still be able to disable JavaScript for the page and then refresh the page in order to access the main content behind the lightbox without having to interact with it at all.

If you want to force people to complete something before being able to access something then you need to make it two separate pages linked together with a server side script that only permits access to the second page when sufficient information is passed from the first page.

Oh ok. But how will my website know they have fully completed the surveys/offer? Also, what kind of language would I be using if I did this?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum