View Full Version : making short cut on desktop

bnicolet
01-21-2012, 06:00 AM
i want to make a shortcut on my desktop i know how to do it normal but i have explorer as my default and the place i want to go needs chrome. any suggestions?

Crake
01-21-2012, 12:16 PM
You need to set google chrome as your default browser,

melloorr
01-21-2012, 05:36 PM
To carry in from Crake's answer, to make Chrome the default browser, you load up Chrome, Click on the spanner in the top right corner, click on options, and on the bottom of that page, there should be a button that asks if you want Chrome to be the default browser

bnicolet
01-21-2012, 06:00 PM
i did it before using chrome without default. i cant remember how. i had the link open chrome then go to the site, but something changed where the site would go.
brent

Crake
01-21-2012, 10:49 PM
To carry in from Crake's answer, to make Chrome the default browser, you load up Chrome, Click on the spanner in the top right corner, click on options, and on the bottom of that page, there should be a button that asks if you want Chrome to be the default browser

Thanks for that, I should of explained,

Sorry did you say you tried that and didnt work?

are you getting a error message?

what kind of page are you trying to link to? if its simply a page for reference you could just save the page?

SteveO :thumbsup:

bnicolet
01-22-2012, 04:38 AM
what i said, i want a link on my desktop that will open chrome wighout being defauly and go ot a certain website

Crake
01-22-2012, 02:32 PM
just put google chrome on your desktop and set it as your home page?

bnicolet
01-24-2012, 07:06 PM
like i said BEFORE i DONT want google chrome to be my default i want explorer i just simply want a icon on desktop to open chrome then go to a certain website.

Crake
01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
like i said BEFORE i DONT want google chrome to be my default i want explorer i just simply want a icon on desktop to open chrome then go to a certain website.

Not the best way to ask for help - Just stating.

What you just demanded is exactly what i replied to, The only way i can see a work around for what you want is to set a home page for google chrome put a google icon on your desktop and set IE of Firefox or what ever you want as your default,

On a seperate note please remember that people like my self come on here to post questions and answers others, In this case im answering others, (YOURS)
so please remember when posting on CF that manners cost nothing,

SteveO

bnicolet
01-27-2012, 11:19 PM
then why did i get it to work before? i put something in place to put functions like file C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe then i put something like www.cauneva.com and it worked .
brent

tecnoledges
02-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks..

alykins
02-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I think (to elaborate) what the OP wants is to let's say have IE be default explorer, whenever he/she opens IE it has it's own start page (example www.msdn.com) and then have chrome separately with a different default home page (example www.google.com) and then have a shortcut on the desktop that has a chrome icon but when you click on it it goes to some other site than what chrome's default home page is... this is very do-able but need to know what language you want to do it in

here (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.processstartinfo.aspx) is an example of how to do it in the .net framework

3wogle
02-08-2012, 12:48 PM
i want to make a shortcut on my desktop i know how to do it normal but i have explorer as my default and the place i want to go needs chrome. any suggestions?
open Google chrome, on the upper right side you will see a picture of tool than select options, in options select the last option of 'make google chrome current browser'.

Its all done dear... :)

Hope it works

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum