View Full Version : Fireworks Image map within a css page ( divs) acting wierd

lmorales
01-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I made a fireworks image map that will in theory link to different lightboxes. When I integrate it into my html document it works all fine, but when I try to put it into my container and outside container div it breaks,

if i dont have it within those divs it works fine but i cant center it. The image map itself also seems to be alot bigger than its supposed to be , i made it at 1024X768 but it seems a lotttt bigger. Is there anything Im doing wrong here( well obviously there is haha, but im not sure what)
I have attached a test link to both instances of the problems Im running into.
coy-design.com/test/mail.html ( image map works but everything else is outta wack)

coy-design.com/test/mailcenter.htm ( everythings centered, but still the size problem and the image map does not work anymore)

Sorry to be a pain, Ive been researching it but so far have not come up with any reason why this shouldnt work.

teedoff
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
The absolute positioning on mailPic is causing your hotspots to not work correctly. When I remove the positioning it seems to work fine.

Also remove the width set on mailPic and your image map will center up.

lmorales
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I did as suggested, so far its just breaking the imagemap still, the rollovers arent working. Am I missing something? The image map was made with image swap rollover states

coy-design.com/test/mail.html

teedoff
01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I was editing your second link:

http://coy-design.com/test/mailcenter.html

As you can see in this screenshot, the mouse is hovering over on of your hotspots and it's highlighted.

lmorales
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM
oh!!! OOOO lemme try that!

lmorales
01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah i dont know why its not working form me, I re-exported the fireworks code with the right sizing and thats the only difference, but its not working as it would seem

coothead
01-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Hi there lmorales,

check out the attachment, which contains corrected map coding. ;)

coothead

lmorales
01-23-2012, 01:07 AM
I dont see the rollovers, whats wrong with my code?

coothead
01-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Hi there lmorales,

sorry, but I missed the rollover requirement when reading your post. :o

This was probably due to one of my "Senior Moments", which come with ever increasing regularity. :eek:

But better late than never, the new attachment will, hopefully, rectify my stupidity. ;)

coothead

lmorales
01-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Haha thanks! After I posted that I thought to myself " wow, that was dumb, I can add the rollovers myself, lol!" Thank you! I appreciate all the help!

coothead
01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
No problem, you're very welcome. ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum