View Full Version : Using Print Screen concept when image is larger than monitor

Kevin_M_Schafer
01-19-2012, 02:02 AM
For years I've been using an "Export" feature in Corel to make graphics of my newspaper pages. I've recently learned here at CodingForums that the "Print Screen" key on the keyboard, then pasting the clipboard into Paint works the best. Would anyone have an idea as to how I could capture an image this clear that is larger than the screen? What I mean is, I would like to generate a clear image of my entire newspaper page.

I have an e-edition, which is an online version of my weekly newspaper. I'm currently creating gif files of each page and displaying them on a webpage at 1300 pixels wide. The type is clear, but not as clear as if I were to use the "Print Screen" / Paint method.

I would use PDFs for my online edition, but to my knowledge, there's no way of keeping PDFs from being saved to the desktop, then being sent to someone else by e-mail. My e-edition is a paid subscription membership.

Any ideas on how to create a crystal clear "Print Screen" when the entire image is larger than the monitor would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated.

--Kevin

_Aerospace_Eng_
01-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Using print screen alone you can't. I know with Snagit you can but it isn't free. Maybe some of the alternatives here might work? http://alternativeto.net/software/snagit/

There are also some extensions you can use for Firefox. Screengrab for firefox should work and it looks like Pixlr Grabber for chrome should work.

Just tried Pixlr Grabber for Chrome. It works but it does store a temporary image on their server.

Kevin_M_Schafer
01-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks, Aerospace Eng. Your tips gave me a lot to play with here. I appreciate it.

--Kevin

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum