View Full Version : Enabling Javascript

tqmd1
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Dear Experts

Whenever I use Javascript in my web and run it into Internet Explorer then it displays following messagebar

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer...

If I do not allow blocked contents then nothing is displayed.

My question is how to enable blocked contents through codes in html page. If it is not possible then why should we us javascript.

Please help me to remove this confusion.

Philip M
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Dear Experts

Whenever I use Javascript in my web and run it into Internet Explorer then it displays following messagebar

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer...

If I do not allow blocked contents then nothing is displayed.

My question is how to enable blocked contents through codes in html page. If it is not possible then why should we us javascript.

Please help me to remove this confusion.

It is not possible for you to enable blocked content or otherwise interfere with the browser settings in other peoples' browsers.

It looks as though you have disabled Javascript in your own browser - the simple remedy is to enable it again. And/or adjust your browser security settings.

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

felgall
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
It sounds like the OP is trying to run JavaScript they have written themselves locally on their computer rather than JavaScript from web pages attached to the web.

IE always asks before allowing local JavaScript to run because IE will allow local JavaScript full access to everything on your computer while restricting JavaScript run from the web the same way other browsers restrict all JavaScript.

Once you upload your scrript to the web it switches "zones" and IE will no longer produce that message.

Philip M
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Tools > Internet Options > Internet Zone > Security Settings > Active Scripting > Enable (you appear to have selected Prompt at the moment)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum