View Full Version : All files from Desktop Disappeared

lashley
01-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I had folders and files, now all files are gone, the folders only remain. The files where 2 pictures, 2 .txt files, a shortcut to a webpage and some other similar stuff.

I am not sure what I did to create the problem, I saw the items vanish I think when I moved a picture to desktop.

I tried searching for one of the files using Advanced search (searching even in hidden folders, etc) In recycle bin there's nothing.

So where did they possible gone?

Thanks,
Jack

primefalcon
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Only thing I can possibly think of it you the unused desktop cleanup wizard, is there a new folder on your desktop that says unused desktop icons or something like that?

lashley
01-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Only thing I can possibly think of it you the unused desktop cleanup wizard, is there a new folder on your desktop that says unused desktop icons or something like that?

I tried the tool, downloaded it from here if it's the one you suggest anyway: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/cleandesktop-desktop-cleanup-wizard-for-windows-7-vista it says no items in desktop after I scan with it.

No new folders on desktop. I had files and folders, the files disappeared, the folders didn't. I'm also wondering if it's Open Office.org maybe since I was using it, but can't remember exactly what I did.

Jack

primefalcon
01-15-2012, 06:32 AM
I tried the tool, downloaded it from here if it's the one you suggest anyway: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/cleandesktop-desktop-cleanup-wizard-for-windows-7-vista it says no items in desktop after I scan with it.

No new folders on desktop. I had files and folders, the files disappeared, the folders didn't. I'm also wondering if it's Open Office.org maybe since I was using it, but can't remember exactly what I did.

Jack
Wouldn't be... OpenOffice is only an office suite, not a desktop management tool

Spookster
01-15-2012, 06:51 AM
It might be helpful if you let us know which OS and version you are using? Should we assume it to be Windows 7 or Vista based on the link you posted?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum