View Full Version : Email page from Web

Jenny
07-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Question - I want to add something to a web page that I have designed. I want to give the person the ability to email the page that they are looking at. Most of the web sites that I have looked at bring up a form for you to enter an email address and then it sends the information. I would like to make a print screen of the web page in the body of the email for them to send to whomever. I would like when they select Email Page that it open the person's default email program. The information that we would be sending would be duynamic information and not static

Spookster
07-22-2002, 06:29 PM
You will probably need to use a server-side language such as PHP to do that.

neil.c
07-22-2002, 08:59 PM
maybe you could just send a link to the page?

using the persons default email it is quite easy (i think).

this kind of code:

window.location = "mailto:" + emailAddress + "&subject='come to this page'&body='" + window.location + "'"

you have to define the variable emailAddress (eg from a form). all this does is send an email with a link to the current page - maybe not what you're looking for. if you need to actually send the html content of a page in the email, you will probably need a server-side language. but this idea would work as a minimum.

lots of websites do have an 'email this page' form, i'll try to find out how this works.

Jenny
07-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the responses - any help is greatly appreciated.

jenny

bacterozoid
07-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Well, instead of sending a 'Print screen' of the page, which would send only a picture of the monitor and be a large image, you could look for a way to send the HTML for your page through E-mail. If the person's E-mail program supports HTML email then they would see your web page - A link though would also work.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum