View Full Version : remove a code part

ARDV
12-28-2011, 07:20 AM
hello

i need help in deleting a code part, like: table, ul ...

the problem is that when i use rss feeds, lot of them add some code parts that i don't need
like: <ul class=​"similar-topics">, and it shows similar topics
so, i want to remove this code part from the rss feed
i think that i may add a javascript code to the rss template that brings the rss feeds, so as it remove the part i define

i hope you help me doing this, even with another idea

another idea is to use: http://pipes.yahoo.com
i"m sure there is a way to cut parts from the code, but i couldn't get it yet and i'm still trying

Regards

Old Pedant
12-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Sure you can remove text--including HTML text--from the feed contents.

But the problem is that you need to carefully define *exactly* what you want to remove.

In other words, say you want to remove[code]
<ul class=​"similar-topics">
</ul>
[code]
Would you *ALSO* want to remove *ALL* <ul>...</ul> tag sequences? Probably not. Okay, but what about[code]
<ul class=​"similar-pages">
</ul>
[code]
??

So removing any one specific thing is easy. The hard part is describing *ALL* the specific things you want to remove.

ARDV
12-28-2011, 10:35 AM
thx for replaying,

i didn't well understand you, but i think you meant that i need to define exactly what is between <ul> ?
if i need to do this, it will have no sense, because the code between <ul> changes with every feed

and if you meant that i can remove all the uls, this is good
because the class (class=​"similar-pages") will let me remove just the <ul>s i want

Sure you can remove text--including HTML text--from the feed contents.

But the problem is that you need to carefully define *exactly* what you want to remove.

In other words, say you want to remove[code]
<ul class=​"similar-topics">
</ul>
[code]
Would you *ALSO* want to remove *ALL* <ul>...</ul> tag sequences? Probably not. Okay, but what about[code]
<ul class=​"similar-pages">
</ul>
[code]
??

So removing any one specific thing is easy. The hard part is describing *ALL* the specific things you want to remove.

ARDV
12-29-2011, 08:20 AM
hello
i'm still waiting for help

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum