View Full Version : Login cross domain and platform

alfirus
12-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi guys.

I want to create login form similar like facebook login which web owner can put the script and it will become login for their web and also it will auto register at their web.

I believe it need to use javascript because javascript is cross platform.

Can someone give me a clue for me to start on?

Philip M
12-27-2011, 03:24 PM
JavaScript is purely a client-side language, and unless used with an Ajax call has no capability to read from or write to a file (except a cookie), communicate with the server, access a database, the client's operating system or the Windows registry, or alter the default behaviour of the browser. And for security reasons JavaScript cannot access anything beyond the domain of the current page. This is known as the "same origin policy" and prevents a document or script loaded from one origin from getting or setting properties of a document from a different origin.

Any login script mst be done using server-side coding (PHP etc.)

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

alfirus
12-27-2011, 03:27 PM
In that case, is there anyway i can create such as OpenID using my own brand, similar like login facebook in other webs?

Philip M
12-27-2011, 03:42 PM
In that case, is there anyway i can create such as OpenID using my own brand, similar like login facebook in other webs?

In a word, no. Security prevents it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum