View Full Version : SqueezeBox with Print Button

ventanger
12-17-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm working with the squeezebox modal.js implemented with Joomla! for my images in some extra fields. I'm trying to add a print button functionality in order to print the image within the lightbox.

Adding the button was fairly easy, I simply copied and pasted

this.closeBtn=(new Element("a",{id:"sbox-btn-close",href:"#"})).inject(this.win);

and made

this.printBtn=(new Element("a",{id:"sbox-btn-print",href:"#"})).inject(this.win);

I then made my print button png, went into the modal.css, added this:

#sbox-btn-print {
position: absolute;
width: 30px;
height: 30px;
right: 10px;
top: -15px;
background: url(../images/modal/print_btn.png) no-repeat center;
border: none;
}

And boom, print button, however making it work right is certainly not coming along as easy. I tried changing the href to
javascript:window.print()
but that just prints the contents of the browser, not the image in the box, no bueno. I then tried pushing the button functionality into a separate javascript function, but couldn't even get that far. I'm sure if I tweak it enough I can make it work, but I'm not all that great at programming within javascript. I'm fairly proficient with actionscript, php and css, I just don't know the syntax all involved here.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Sadly I can't simply switch it out with another lightbox that already has the option to print, as Joomla! K2 Extra Fields doesn't really give you that option. Help!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum