View Full Version : Resolved <strong>Messages come out in black

Dan13071992
11-25-2011, 11:33 PM
I know this may not belong here in the php side of things, however in my coding i use $message= "this message is an example."

well this is all surounded in <strong> </strong> tags, and the writing comes out in black colouring. is there a way to change this as i would like the writing to come out in white, i thought there may be a code that i can put into my inc-functions.php file which is included in every single file, as I dont want to have to go back through every page and take out the <strong> </strong> tags.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Dan

Adee
11-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Use CSS.................. color: white;

in a css file, if you're only going to use strong tags to wrap that data in then put this:

strong
{
color: white;
}

Dan13071992
11-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Use CSS.................. color: white;

in a css file, if you're only going to use strong tags to wrap that data in then put this:

strong
{
}

thanks for your very speedy reply, I have done this, however they still appear in black, any help would be great. below is the $message echoing code:

<?php echo "<font color=white><b><center><bold>$message</bold></center><b><br>"; ?>

And the actual messages are

$message= "<strong>Status has been changed to Not Busy</strong><br>";
i can post my css file if needed?

mvmacd
11-26-2011, 12:31 AM
thanks for your very speedy reply, I have done this, however they still appear in black, any help would be great. below is the $message echoing code:

<?php echo "<font color=white><b><center><bold>$message</bold></center><b><br>"; ?>

And the actual messages are

$message= "<strong>Status has been changed to Not Busy</strong><br>";
i can post my css file if needed?

First of all, you are using deprecated tags [font, center].
Secondly, there is no <bold> tag that I know of.
Thirdly, next time, I would suggest using classes. I.e., make a "general" or "message" class, something like that, then you can style it all at once by changing your css

Remove the "<bold>" tags, and add this into your css file [Or add to <head>]:

strong
{
}

Dan13071992
11-26-2011, 12:35 AM
you was right, <bold> is what was keeping it from working, however I now have to change every page as <bold> is what i accidently used in every single page :s lol.

Thank You so much for your help.

devinmaking
11-26-2011, 12:53 AM
you was right, <bold> is what was keeping it from working, however I now have to change every page as <bold> is what i accidently used in every single page :s lol.

Thank You so much for your help.

It would have been easier to have had the strong like

strong{color: white !important;}

Which over rides above all other css given to the the section in other areas, unless that also has a !important within it.

Dan13071992
11-26-2011, 12:56 AM
It would have been easier to have had the strong like

strong{color: white !important;}

Which over rides above all other css given to the the section in other areas, unless that also has a !important within it.

Thank you for this, it is alot easier, as I have already taken out the <bold> tags, it still helps for if i ever miss taking out any more :). thanks alot :)

Fou-Lu
11-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Visual rendering has nothing to do with PHP.
Moving from PHP forum to HTML/CSS.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum