View Full Version : Broke My Site Somehow — I *think* w/ CSS

Carradee
11-24-2011, 03:59 PM
A bit of background: I have a sorta complicated site setup, with a primary skin, then secondary skins that go on top of that based on which part of the site you're on. (I do that with PHP.)

I was fiddling with some things that should've have affected the site layout—essentially, I got an idea for a different PHP script I want to put together, which hadn't even been tied into the main site yet, so I'm not sure how that could've broken things.

I can only guess that I accidentally deleted a semicolon somewhere or some such thing. Trying to find it, but I'm also confused about where to look.

Most of my site—the landing page and "freelance" side—work fine. The "fiction" side, nothing shows but the background image. (Site landing page is here (http://mistiwolanski.com).)

I'm not sure what code would even be needed. Trying to track it down. :/

Anyone have any thoughts about what might be causing the missing content?

Thanks!

Excavator
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello Carradee,
If you run the two pages, freelance and fiction, thru the validator you can see there is a difference.

See the links about validation in my signature line below.

Carradee
11-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Validator issues addressed… and it's still not showing. >_<

Any other ideas?

ETA: The content shows up when I change the skin. :/

Carradee
11-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Okay, I just took the freelance skin and remodified it with pieces of the old fiction skin to produce a skin that worked. Thanks for your input. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum