View Full Version : PublicKeyToken/ No Drop Down Menu's

Country_Coder
11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi there, I am very new to ASP.NET programming, i mainly use php with what i have done so far. I have recently attained an ASP.NET client that i have had to take a leap of faith forward with purchasing a dedicated windows server with iis7.5 and plesk panel 10.

I was able to (with a lot of struggle) get the site viewable(ie pulling from server, navigation works, updated info). I also needed to create an application directory for a certain part of the site with a seperate web.config file, fun stuff. To accomplish making the site viewable i had to comment out a few lines in the web.config file that might affect functionality later down the road. Any insight to this is appreciated.

Problem 1

<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX">
<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX">
<!--<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX" requirePermission="false"/>-->
<!--<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX">-->
<section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX" requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX" requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX" requirePermission="false"/>
<!--</sectionGroup>-->
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>

Problem 2
If you look at attatched file ps.jpg, it illustrates a drop down menu that doesn't drop down, so its just a box. When i view the source code of the site you can see that it pulls the drop menu items and puts them in a div with class names that i would imagine another piece of script uses to transform them into drop down menu's. A clue to this puzzle i think is an error message i just came across, Property 'FolderIcons' has wrong path or file 'ob_tree_505.js' is not there. After some searching i think this is coming from 'obout' which can be found at www.obout.com. I will still be researching this problem.

Problem 3
In the code posted above for problem one and the following code

<modules>
<add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</modules>
<handlers>
<remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0"/>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</handlers>

The 'PublicKeyToken' from what i understand is different for every server i have made a few attempts to retrieve this key with no luck. I never want to code ASPX again, but any help on these problems is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum