View Full Version : 17" laptop with built in 5.1 wireless sound?

Subyne Simean
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help, I've been looking but not seeing a set up that my dad wants.

I do his tech-buying and wanted to know if this set-up is possible/available:

1. A laptop that has a 17" screen, and...
2. The laptop must also have a built-in 5.1 sound card that can transmit the audio wirelessly to wireless 5.1 speakers

I'm not seeing this kind of thing around, although I suspect AlienWare do this sort of thing as standard but they're a touch too pricey!

thank you in advance :)

Spookster
11-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help, I've been looking but not seeing a set up that my dad wants.

I do his tech-buying and wanted to know if this set-up is possible/available:

1. A laptop that has a 17" screen, and...
2. The laptop must also have a built-in 5.1 sound card that can transmit the audio wirelessly to wireless 5.1 speakers

I'm not seeing this kind of thing around, although I suspect AlienWare do this sort of thing as standard but they're a touch too pricey!

thank you in advance :)

1. Yes, most if not all laptop makers have 17" screen size options.

2. Yes, you can find a few different external (PCMCIA/ExpressCard or USB) based wireless audio cards for laptops. I'd say it would be difficult if not impossible to find an internal one though but I don't know that an internal one would even be sensible. PCMCIA/ExpressCard based ones would probably be less obtrusive than a USB based one though since they usually stick out less than USB and better fit the form factor of a laptop.

One example:
http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Notebook-Transmitter/M/B001BS3A3E.htm

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum