View Full Version : Nominate a helpful member

WA
08-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Hi:
I think it would be great to highlight helpful members here on CF, so here goes. Please use this thread to post/nominate a member with whom you've personally received great help from, and would like to point out.

Thanks,

brothercake
08-06-2003, 02:48 PM
I'd like to nominate Beetle - truly a star among men :thumbsup:

Jeewhizz
08-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I'd like to nominate raf :) Top MySQL dude :)

SDP2006
08-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Can we nominate ourself?

Definitely Nightfire and Spookster. Great members.

Spookster
08-06-2003, 09:23 PM
I nominate Spookster. :D Oh wait, that's who I am logged in as....Arghhhh.... hate when that happens.

Ok for their invaluable help and dedication to assisting others in the PHP forum I nominate:

Nightfire
Mordred
Ökii

Nightfire
08-06-2003, 10:50 PM
I nominate the same as le spook, apart from myself :p

le spook
mordred
okii one jabroni

beetle
08-06-2003, 11:21 PM
I hereby nominate:

brothercake
Vladdy
mordred

SDP2006
08-06-2003, 11:27 PM
YES. YES. Definitely brothercake.....

Can we nominate ourselves?:confused:

Nightfire
08-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Unless you help yourself out alot, then you can't. But if you was posting to yourself on here, I think you might be crazy :p

*twitch*

brothercake
08-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Oh we can nominate mods as well ... I was thinking members only ... in which case I'll add jkd to my hotlist - defintely the Mace Windo of CF :)

jkd
08-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by brothercake
Oh we can nominate mods as well ... I was thinking members only ... in which case I'll add jkd to my hotlist - defintely the Mace Windo of CF :)

*engages lightsaber* Can we say "Episode III: Revenge of the W3C"? Whip Microsoft, errr..., the trade federation into shape...

ionsurge
08-15-2003, 01:05 PM
For me it'll be vladdy, and ronaldbb.

WA
08-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Well, the first round of nominations are over, and I'm happy to say Modred is the first "Helpful member" winner, receiving a copy of O'Reilly's book "Webmaster in a Nutshell 3rd edition". How the winner is selected is a combination of three things- total votes towards a nominee, his post history, and finally, a little bit of luck (I randomly choose between the top 2 nominees at the end of this process).

I'm definitely going to try and do this again when resources permit, so if you spot a noteworthy member, please continue to cast your votes in this thread.

beetle
08-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Congrats morded! Well deserved!

Nightfire
08-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Congrats :)

brothercake
08-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah man, nice one :)

ionsurge
08-16-2003, 05:06 PM
http://www.codingforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

mordred
08-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh guys... you all rock! :thumbsup:

I feel both flattered and honored at the same time.:o Thank you all very much, it's really appreciated.
I did not pay attention to this particular thread until George told me about the outcome. It came as a big surprise to me because at that time I was stuck up in work and I couldn't spend much time on codingforums.com. Anyway, the book came today, looks pretty interesting and the very least I can do is to say "thank you" to express my gratitude. :)

All your PHP preg_* questions are belong to me! :D

SDP2006
08-21-2003, 10:50 PM
I herby nominate
RAF

raf
08-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks SPD2006 (--> i must admit i scared him into nominating me) and Jeewhiz.

I'd like to nominate Whammy, glenngv and Roy Sinclair (which have been shamefully overlooked till now) for teaching me some nice ASP tricks.:thumbsup:

Congrats, Mordred :thumbsup: Certainly deserved it.

liorean
08-29-2003, 12:14 PM
I'd like to nominate brothercake...

Oh, and can I nominate myself? I've found my JavaScript docs post quite helpful (reduces the disorder in my bookmarks, if nothing else)...

MotherNatrsSon
09-22-2003, 01:31 AM
I'll second that nomination. When is the next award happening?

MNS

SDP2006
09-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Not being sarcastic or anything, but how is raf not a MySQL Moderator??

raf
09-23-2003, 08:15 PM
raf is fine not being a MySQL mod. Thanks for asking :cool:

I'm kinda surprised you raise the question here. In my opinion there are more then enough mods around ... and i'm already one at your place (though i'm not able to get to your forums lately --> downtime, erromessages, reinstalled partial forum etc)

ionsurge
09-24-2003, 02:31 PM
It'll be liorean in my books this time.

liorean
09-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Hmm, I've not myself been helped by him, but one I from the posts I've read think really deserves to be nominated is cheesebag.

MotherNatrsSon
10-02-2003, 02:24 AM
I'd second that one too. I see him helping many people in the client side forums.....

MNS

SDP2006
10-02-2003, 05:41 PM
I'd like to nominate SDP2006 :thumbsup:

jeskel
10-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Well well... I nominate raf, he is always nice and very precise in his explanations (I haven't seen him that much around here lately, anyone gots news?). When I came here as a total beginner he helped me a lot and I've been learning a lot from his answers. Well, I still consider myself as a beginner, but if one day I can help someone like he helps me, that would definitly be a great achievement.

I think this community is great... definitly... I mean, whatever the question is, you'll get not only one way to solve your problems but almost as many as people answering. When you're a beginner in something, that's probably the best way to learn quick. So, that's why I'd like to nominate also Whammy who, in the end, often solve a problem with the last "killing" answer.

But well... you'll all have to fear M@rco I think ;) If he becomes a CF nut, he'll be a great help for EVERYONE, I'm sure of it... Have you read his post right here?

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26874

that's what I call help...

anyway, I've been waaaaay too long... sorry... in conclusion: raf and whammy are my nominees.

Mhtml
10-25-2003, 04:47 AM
Mhtml! <-- Class guy he is :D

Lorien is most likely one of the most helpful members I've encountered for a while.

Most of the senior members that frequent the ASP forum are all extremely useful as well.

Whammy of course would be the best / most helpful member ever in my oppinion.

wox3-iO
10-26-2003, 11:07 AM
I didin't know this thread was still active, but since it is I'd like to nominate raf! He's been a huge help especially when it comes to ASP or MySQL (and many others :)).

Mhtml
10-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Buh, I should have checked the last post date before posting. Oh well, I stand by what I said regardless of it's relevance at this point in time...Especially that bit about Mhtml :D.

liorean
10-26-2003, 02:49 PM
As I understands it, this post is relevant at least up until George decides to tell us he's not going to have another "Codingforums Helpful Member" award...

cheesebag
11-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Wow. Very flattered. Thanks, liorean/MNS. I agree with all, but a special award is due the amazing Glenn (Global Variable) Vergara, who sneaks in from Makati City every night (US leftcoast time) lika a Deus ex Machina (http://newark.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Terms/deusexmachina.html), fixes everybody's messes unceremoniously, and then vanishes into his malaking bahay. The ideal forum denizen.

btw my alter ego &laquo;adios&raquo; is handling the pipe & my customers while we vacation in Aruba...;)

missing-score
11-23-2003, 01:34 AM
I know mordred has already won once, but it would have to be:

Nightfire
liorean
Mordred

oh...

and how could i forget

Firepages
Spookster

Spookster
11-23-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by missing-score
I know mordred has already won once, but it would have to be:

and how could i forget

Firepages
Spookster

Thank you thank you. It's about time some nominates us two PHP Gods. :p

missing-score
11-23-2003, 03:10 AM
heh... you sound like ur joking... ok now im just sucking up... please dont hack me :D

justame
11-23-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Spookster
It's about time some nominates us two PHP Gods. :p

spook...
just a rotflmao®...n' just a deflates® your ol' monitor...gishhh...gotta keep things in porportion just a round® here or you wont be just a ble® to get in n' help out!!! lol...hugs...

n' just a whispers®.../me stilll uses/posts/credits yourrr ol' scripts...(member the one 'bout having twooo popups open so theyyy could just a compare® the data/images??? hehehe...n' wonders ifin' php was evvven php back then??? lol...

WA
11-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Ok guys, please keep the nominations coming. A new book prize is just around the corner for the next winner...

jeskel
11-27-2003, 11:40 AM
if it doesn't go to raf's house, who could claim it? :p

oracleguy
11-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bouchel
if it doesn't go to raf's house, who could claim it? :p

Me? :D

Caffeine
11-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Actually, what good is a book doing to one of the most helpful members ? It could come to a much better use in some less well-educated members home, like mine for instance :D

raf
11-27-2003, 10:36 PM
Actually, what good is a book doing to one of the most helpful members ? It could come to a much better use in some less well-educated members home, like mine for instance
Good point. Well, i didn't win it ad can still learn a lott, and i'm that wealthy that i can easely buy all the books i need :p

I think Bouchel is probably one of the most promissing "newbies". He doesn't ask stupid questions and follows up on his posts + ins't afraid to dig deeper :thumbsup:

jeskel
11-27-2003, 10:48 PM
WOAH! :thumbsup: thanx for the kind words raf. So why not make the most helped member nomination? Just kiddin...

oracleguy
11-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Caffeine
Actually, what good is a book doing to one of the most helpful members ? It could come to a much better use in some less well-educated members home, like mine for instance :D

I think it is just George's way of thanking people who are helpful.

missing-score
11-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Just beause a member has alot of knowledge and ability, doesnt mean they cant learn from a book. :)

Caffeine
11-30-2003, 01:00 AM
everyone, get off my back! I was just having some fun :p

liorean
11-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by missing-score
Just beause a member has alot of knowledge and ability, doesnt mean they cant learn from a book. :) You're right. I recently read through "The little LISPer" (first edition) by Daniel P. Friedman, and you wouldn't believe how much more I learnt about recursion from it than from it's successor "The Little Schemer" (fourth edition), coauthored by Matthias Felleisen. My little venture into Y in the Technology and Sciences forum is entirely thanks to it, and in turn my understanding of closures and recursion is now much deeper than before.

So, yes, even a member that has a lot of knowledge and ability (I happen to consider myself to be in that category) can learn from a book. It has to be the right book, however.

Caffeine: It has nothing with your back to do at all, I promise!

Bouchel: Yeah, that would be interesting. How about looking at not the post volume, but how worthwhile taking ona question feels to be? I personally find myself answering many "fire-and-forget" posts that I never will have a look at again, but what I find myself most interested in are those threads where the poster has put down some energy towards solving the problem, where the poster is responsive and so-to-say cooperates with me to solve the problem and where the problem is challenging on the conceptual level, not on the pure knowledge or programattical aptitude level.

missing-score
11-30-2003, 03:16 AM
I personally find myself answering many "fire-and-forget" posts that I never will have a look at again, but what I find myself most interested in are those threads where the poster has put down some energy towards solving the problem, where the poster is responsive and so-to-say cooperates with me to solve the problem and where the problem is challenging on the conceptual level, not on the pure knowledge or programattical aptitude level.

I agree. Similar with me, I prefer to be helping a member who is genuinely interested in solving their problem and are willing to try and work to get it to work, not ask purely for code.

And also when the script has a point, not just "I want to do something pretty much pointless, how would i do it"

Skyzyx
11-30-2003, 05:18 PM
I'd have to say...

jkd (JavaScript)
Brothercake (Accessibility)
Beetle (JavaScript)
Roy Sinclair (JavaScript)
Whammy (JavaScript)
liorean (Cross-browser CSS design)
swmr (Proprietary MS stuff)
ReadMe.txt (General Web)

They're all pretty/really good in their own areas.

liorean
12-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Skyzyx
I'd have to say...
liorean (Cross-browser CSS design)Quite surprised you put me in that category. I would say I'm far from the best at cross-browser design here, while I'm one of the best at JavaScript - at least when it comes to the language itself.

jeskel
12-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by liorean

Bouchel: Yeah, that would be interesting. How about looking at not the post volume, but how worthwhile taking ona question feels to be? I personally find myself answering many "fire-and-forget" posts that I never will have a look at again, but what I find myself most interested in are those threads where the poster has put down some energy towards solving the problem, where the poster is responsive and so-to-say cooperates with me to solve the problem and where the problem is challenging on the conceptual level, not on the pure knowledge or programattical aptitude level.
Before asking something I've learned to take time to perform several searches here... I didn't use to do that when I was a CF beginner and now I realized that most of the questions I have had had already been answered before. If there is something I still don't get or that needs to be precised, then only I ask my question. So I've been noticing that recently my questions were not related directly to my project (in terms of coding) but were rather about "people's practice" (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29443) or were more general questions on a topic that might be interesting and that I didn't understand at my level of knowledge (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28590). I really like to start threads like that because you know where it starts but you don't really know where it will end, and usually during that "trip" between the beginning and the end of the thread I learn a lot of things. One of my new "posting practice" is that I try to give links (when possible and if relevant) of related threads I read or started that are linked to my question. I do that because if someone performs a search, that person can go further in his readings. That's just the way I'm trying to be helpful and part of this community since (unfortunatly) my coding knowledge is still too low to make me a great help for others.
:)

WA
12-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Well, the tally is in, and Raf definitely comes out on top for this 2nd round of the Most Helpful Member award. He wins a copy of Sitepoint.com's "HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS": http://www.javascriptkit.com/bookgiveaway.shtml

Congrats Raf, and keep voting people, as they do count!

beetle
12-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Congrats, Raf!

Nightfire
12-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Congrats raf :D

justame
12-09-2003, 12:45 AM
raf...
just a hugs® of the ol' congrats kind...nowww youre gonna be even more smarter to help us out even morrre just a betterer® hehehe...

liorean
12-09-2003, 01:15 AM
That book went to one that deserved it...
Congrats, raf!

jeskel
12-09-2003, 07:54 AM
congratulations... every time you post something you're proving that you deserve it a thousand times!

Caffeine
12-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Congratz, raf!

Don't let the book take up too much of your time though ;), you are doing an admirable job here at CF!

Cheers,

mordred
12-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Congrats raf!

Your patience and dedication to answer even the most cryptic and confused requests is indeed remarkable.

oracleguy
12-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Congrats raf. :thumbsup:

raf
12-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys/girls,

this is all to much ...

There are lotts of others that desirve it, but i sure appreciate it! The book will surely come inhandy cause my design-capabilitys aren't exactly super.

If someone would like a peep into it, just let me know and hop over :)

Anyway, thanks again see you soon !

SDP2006
12-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Congrats, Raf! You deserve it!

After all, I owe my limited MySQL skills to you!:p

Skyzyx
12-13-2003, 02:30 AM
Well, I haven't dealt with you very much, but congrats! :thumbsup: :D :p

me'
12-22-2003, 10:16 PM
I'd have to vote for liorean, for sheer understanding of the rather arcane documentation that is the W3C...

Basscyst
02-02-2004, 12:47 AM
I will have to agree Liorean is extremly knowledgable and always gentlemenly.

Basscyst

glenngv
02-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by raf
Thanks SPD2006 (--> i must admit i scared him into nominating me) and Jeewhiz.

I'd like to nominate Whammy, glenngv and Roy Sinclair (which have been shamefully overlooked till now) for teaching me some nice ASP tricks.:thumbsup:

Congrats, Mordred :thumbsup: Certainly deserved it.

Originally posted by cheesebag
Wow. Very flattered. Thanks, liorean/MNS. I agree with all, but a special award is due the amazing Glenn (Global Variable) Vergara, who sneaks in from Makati City every night (US leftcoast time) lika a Deus ex Machina (http://newark.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Terms/deusexmachina.html), fixes everybody's messes unceremoniously, and then vanishes into his malaking bahay. The ideal forum denizen.

btw my alter ego &laquo;adios&raquo; is handling the pipe & my customers while we vacation in Aruba...;)

Thanks raf and cheesebag! :)
I didn't know there is such a nomination thing going on here in CF. I only frequent Javascript, ASP, and Post a Javascript forums.

I'd like to vote for liorean too, the ultimate Javascript expert :thumbsup:

It's around 6 PM (GMT +8) here at work and about to vanish into my malaking bahay (http://www.foreignword.com/cgi-bin/engtag.cgi?language=tageng&termbox=malaking+bahay&B1=Search). :D

mindlessLemming
02-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I've got to put in a big vote for liorean.
He always does a fantastic job of helping someone understand why they have a problem/error, aswell as showing them how to fix it. Plus the occasional handy theory lesson :thumbsup:
It seems no matter what problem I've got, I'm always relieved if I come back and see that the last post was by liorean. That means its on the way to being fixed and I'll be far less likely to make a similar mistake again.

me' is also a very helpful, friendly member and deserves praise.:D

gsnedders
02-06-2004, 07:41 PM
liorean, he seems to always be the best person in situations where more than one person have posted, sometimes it is his which will work with the most browsers :), sometimes his is the one that works in mine :) and if he says there is something wrong with something, I belive him even if other people say otherwise.

me'
02-07-2004, 07:02 PM
me' is also a very helpful, friendly member and deserves praise.Wow, thanks Andrew! I didn't think I was making much impact on this forum, although it's good to answer peoples questions now and again, I never expected a vote in this thread!

Morgoth
02-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Hum... I feel left out... Morgoth is not written anywhere.

jeskel
02-09-2004, 06:50 PM
I vote for liorean 'the thread killer' as well.
Precision. Efficency. Knowledge.

oracleguy
02-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Morgoth
Hum... I feel left out... Morgoth is not written anywhere.

ditto ;)

whackaxe
02-09-2004, 10:32 PM
i would be voting

MHTML - good guy to have around
Firepages - 1337 mod skillzorz
me' (as in the member :p) - seems to be everywhere :p

Crash1hd
02-17-2004, 02:41 AM
I would like to nominate

Glenngv :thumbsup:
M@rco :thumbsup:
Raf :thumbsup:
Roy Sinclair :thumbsup:
Whammy :thumbsup:

They all do a Excellent Job If I do say so myself, They have all helped me out many of times. Also I would like to note that is not in any particular order either :D

P.S. The top ones in here should be put into a poll that can be voted on lol
The modification was to the look of the post not any of the members :rolleyes:

glenngv
02-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Thank you very much Crash1hd! :thumbsup:

raf
02-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks Crash1hd. Excellent sellection of some of the more advanced ASP users :D

jeskel
02-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I didn't have the time to post anything lately but I keep on doing my daily readings... I will had two members in my 'helpful members' list:
me' who's following liorean's track
mindlessLemming who is literaly taking over the client side forum.

mindlessLemming
02-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by jeskel
mindlessLemming who is literaly taking over the client side forum. [/B]
LOL :D only 300 posts in client-side in the last 4 months. (2.38/day, as opposed to my 8/day at YMF (http://www.yourmusicforums.com)!)

liorean
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Well, all of my my former nominations seems to be pretty inactive for the moment. Considering their activity during January and Februari, I'd like to nominate Roy Sinclair for outstanding helpfulness, GlennGV for pure JavaScript questions answering, mindlessLemming for practically owning the HTML & CSS forum, and 'me for more advanced client side issues across the board.

missing-score
03-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Its me' ... lol.

Id like to nominate:

midlessLemming
liorean
me'

for client side

and

firepages
Spookster
raf

for php/mysql

jeskel
03-01-2004, 10:24 PM
mindlessLemming for practically owning the HTML & CSS forum,
yeah I noticed that this crazy lemming is on fire... ;)

missing-score
03-01-2004, 10:32 PM
yer whats the saying... never put out an enflamed lemming or something like that... :rolleyes:

raf
03-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the nomination missing score !

As far as i am concerned, you should have put up your name there as well. You have a very clear, to the point, approach. While keeping an open mind for better sollutions/approaches then the one of the threadstarters.

So missing-score ++

I woul also like to add mordred. He's real good at coding, has more patience then me and i like his remarks to straighten people out.

Nightfire and Oracleguy also desirve an nomination. They are always accurate problemsolvers.

Nightfire
03-01-2004, 11:36 PM
cheers raf :)

I'll give you your money later on ;)

missing-score
03-01-2004, 11:42 PM
cheers raf for the nomination!

oracleguy
03-01-2004, 11:48 PM
thanks raf!

glenngv
03-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Well, all of my my former nominations seems to be pretty inactive for the moment. Considering their activity during January and Februari, I'd like to nominate Roy Sinclair for outstanding helpfulness, GlennGV for pure JavaScript questions answering, mindlessLemming for practically owning the HTML & CSS forum, and 'me for more advanced client side issues across the board.

Thanks liorean :thumbsup:
I noticed that I've been active the last 2 months without knowing that I become the Top 1 poster (http://www.codingforums.com/memberlist.php?what=topposters) at the moment. :cool:

oracleguy
03-03-2004, 02:31 AM
I dropped to number 10. I used to be 9. :eek: lol...

Nightfire
03-03-2004, 02:33 AM
*whistles innocently* hehe

oracleguy
03-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Nightfire
*whistles innocently* hehe

watch out, I might have to go post whore around to close the 3 post gap between us. :D

mindlessLemming
03-03-2004, 02:57 AM
mindlessLemming for practically owning the HTML & CSS forum,

LOL! It's a good thing I have no clue about JS or server-side programming or you'd never get rid of me :D

Nightfire
03-03-2004, 02:59 AM
heh, I'd never get a chance to post if you took over the php forum. I have problems enough with raf, mordred and le spook. By the time I've understood the question and hit reply, one of those three have replied

Oracle, it shouldn't take too long to catch up with me. I'd prolly just lurk the forums for a while waiting for the kill :p

mindlessLemming
03-03-2004, 03:01 AM
I don't know, you're pretty quick...It only took you 2 minutes to reply to this! (and it only took me 2 minutes to reply again:cool: )

raf
03-03-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Nightfire
heh, I'd never get a chance to post if you took over the php forum. I have problems enough with raf, mordred and le spook. By the time I've understood the question and hit reply, one of those three have replied
Just apply the Whammy-technique : reply to all threads with "morder/spookster/raf is right ..." :)

WA
03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Ok guys, please bring the focus back to nominating a helpful member. The next winner selection should come next week. :)

Roy Sinclair
03-03-2004, 04:39 PM
If you're going to select someone new soon, I'd like to add a vote for Liorean. The reasons are stated already by others who've also nominated him.

mindlessLemming
03-04-2004, 02:47 AM
+1

me'
03-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks again to all the people that voted me :) At a glance that means liorean and missing-score (sorry if I missed you :p)

whackaxe
03-05-2004, 02:56 PM
i vote for me'

no, not me, me', as in not myself but me'.... ok i give up :p

Nightfire
03-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Client side I go for Liorean with his essay explanations that make sense and the green haired lemming :)

Serverside it's got to be raf (for mysql, asp and php), spookster and celtboy seems to be doing good too

regex has to be mr regex himself, mordred

SDP2006
03-07-2004, 12:22 AM
firepages, Spookster, Nightfire, mordred, raf they're always a lot of help.

:thumbsup:

Spookster
03-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks guys. I always just figured I was too mean to get any votes. :D I just like to rule with an iron fist.

All Hail Spookster!!

I would definitely have to give a vote for Mordred for the PHP forum. I think he is jockeying for my position. Back Off Man!!!! :mad:

missing-score
03-07-2004, 02:14 AM
heh... hasnt mordred won once already? well, i suppose he could win again :p

WA
03-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Ok, I think Liorean definitely deserves to be picked as Helpful member for this round. He wins a $30 Amazon gift certificate. Liroean, please PM me the email address I should send the GC to.

Congrats, and thanks!

mordred
03-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Congrats liorean! Well deserved.

whackaxe
03-09-2004, 10:00 AM
congrats :thumbsup:

on a side note, for any futer awards, could we start a nw thread, i keep forgetting if ive voted on a round or not :p

Nightfire
03-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Congrats :)

liorean
03-09-2004, 12:32 PM
*Walks up on stage, where George waits with the price, while applause sound in the background. After a handshake and recieving the price, turns to the audience*
Thanks, everyone!
*Bows to the audience*
Thank you!
*Waves to the audience and exits, stage left*

Now to figure out what book I want - anyone have any ideas?

jeskel
03-09-2004, 01:31 PM
congratz David.
Well deserved.

mindlessLemming
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by jeskel
congratz David.
Well deserved.
What he said :D
Very well deserved;)

Liorean

Mmmm... how about: Javascript; A Beginners Guide (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072131403/qid=1078836579/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/103-0915225-9079045?v=glance&s=books) ? :p:D:p

missing-score
03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
or "Introducing HTML 4" :D

I dont have a clue... I generally find the best resouces are on the web so you might get a non computer related book... they also do DVD's and Music.

jeskel
03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Well David... I think it's time you go server side... ;)

Caffeine
03-09-2004, 06:49 PM
I've said it before but it can't be said too many times, you are doing a marvelous job here @ CF !!

Keep it up,

cheers!

oracleguy
03-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Why don't you spoil yourself with something not work related. Get some movies or something. :) Congrats btw.

Mhtml
03-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys. I always just figured I was too mean to get any votes. :D I just like to rule with an iron fist.

Well obviously you aren't trying hard enough .. j/k .. ;) ..

Congrats liorean, more than deserving!

gsnedders
03-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Well Done :thumbsup:

missing-score
03-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys. I always just figured I was too mean to get any votes. :D

It doesn't matter if your mean or not, its just how much you threaten people afterwards :)

liorean
03-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Okay, someone that deserves to be added to my list of nominations (four persons at the moment) is Willy Duitt.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum