View Full Version : Question Dealing with meta description/keywords

MattClark
11-13-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm trying to get my site page rank up in google. It's a site where you can watch movies for free. Is this description/keyword set stuffed so much that it will cause me to be penalized? If so, how could I improve it. Thanks!

<meta name="keywords" content="watch movies online free, watch movie for free online, watch movies for free online, watch online movies for free, online movies free, free movies online to watch, watching free movies online, watch free movies for free">

<meta name="description" content="watch movies online free, watch movie for free online, watch movies for free online, watch online movies for free, online movies free, free movies online to watch, watching free movies online, watch free movies for free with Madness Movies!">

Arbitrator
11-13-2011, 06:59 AM
I'm trying to get my site page rank up in google. It's a site where you can watch movies for free. Is this description/keyword set stuffed so much that it will cause me to be penalized? If so, how could I improve it. Thanks!

<meta name="keywords" content="watch movies online free, watch movie for free online, watch movies for free online, watch online movies for free, online movies free, free movies online to watch, watching free movies online, watch free movies for free">Google has a list of recognized meta elements and the keywords meta element is not one of them. See http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=79812.

<meta name="description" content="watch movies online free, watch movie for free online, watch movies for free online, watch online movies for free, online movies free, free movies online to watch, watching free movies online, watch free movies for free with Madness Movies!">
This is a badly written description. It simply repeats the same claim over and over again instead of concisely describing the relevant page.

Google has guidelines for writing descriptions at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35624#1

MattClark
11-13-2011, 08:03 AM
ahh, thank you so much for the link :)

AsinNetworks
11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
If you repeat the same keyword again and again google will give you negative marking for the same and instead of increase in your ranking it will decrease

RonnieC
11-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Nope, its not to crazy. Meta however isnt going to help much in terms of getting you ranked much better. It really just tells google which keywords to put you in, whether thats page 1 or page 100000 depends on your SEO skills.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum