View Full Version : Eclipse/PHP/XDebug Question

cyborg360
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
i have an issue with xdebug in eclipse. i am trying to debug something but it says "waiting for xdebug session" and "launching (filename) and has been going for a minute. should i wait longer or is there a problem? how can i troubleshoot this?

phpinfo() reports XDebug is installed.

I am debugging it as a web page.

executable path: /usr/bin/php

ini file: using /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini ( i have also tried leaving this blank )

SAPI type: CLI

Eclipse IDE for JavaScript Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Service Release 1
Build id: 20110916-0149

Fou-Lu
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Something has to be wrong, but what I'm not sure. I've never had it pend more than about 4 seconds, and that's typically only if its a second run on a debug when I've forgotten another is running.
Is this the zend specific debug? I seem to recall that there is a specific build that I use.

cyborg360
11-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Something has to be wrong, but what I'm not sure. I've never had it pend more than about 4 seconds, and that's typically only if its a second run on a debug when I've forgotten another is running.
Is this the zend specific debug? I seem to recall that there is a specific build that I use.

I tried to install the zend debug but it seemed to install partway. so i might have a partially installed zend debugger and a fully installed xdebug debugger competing with each other. But my settings are set for XDebug (not Zend to my knowledge). Maybe I should fully install the zend debugger?

Also, this is version:

Eclipse IDE for JavaScript Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Service Release 1
Build id: 20110916-0149

Fou-Lu
11-10-2011, 12:12 AM
The build shouldn't make a difference, just that the modules already set are available. I just use basic helios.
Install the zend debugger fully, and try using it instead.

BTW, if it helps, this would be what I'm using. The eclipse PHP developer plugin and the zend debugger.:
Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers 1.3.0.20100617-0520 epp.package.php
Zend Debugger Feature 5.3.18.v20100603 org.zend.php.debug_feature.feature.group

tangoforce
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Have you used the correct url to trigger xdebug? - something like:
http://localhost/?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=on

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum