View Full Version : General User Control Question

11-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Hey all, so I am trying to do something which I thought would be very easy but has become rather complicated. In excel there is a feature which allows users to generate shapes and place them where they like and control their size. I have been trying to recreate this using VBA but I can only figure out how to make pre-made ones....like shapes in a specific spot with a specific size....not user controlled. I am not familiar with other computer languages but am willing to learn which would be the best language to use in visual studio for this. Just asking before I go through all the effort of learning a language and finding it can't do what I want. Thanks for the advice. Rich

11-09-2011, 07:38 AM

C# is best for Excel, you will get lots of help for example creating buttons,chart etc.

11-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the help I had read a book breifly about it and was leaning towards C#......I am actually going to make this in visual studio but I mentioned excel becasue it is the perfect example of what I am trying to do. I have found lots of examples but none of them have been user controled so let me read through the examples and thanks for all the information.