View Full Version : Search multiple search engines

jameswsparker
10-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Hello people.

I'm looking to create a simple search engine capable of searching multiple search engines simultaneously together (e.g. Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) and then displaying the results below for all sites on the same page.

I don't want each search engine results page opening up in individual windows or anything, nor do I want people to have to manually select the search engine to search with. Just a single page where a user types in something, pressed [Enter] and then presented with all results from multiple sites on one page (without duplicates).

I'm also looking to do this with image and torrent sites, etc.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks a million guys. :thumbsup: You have bigger brains than me.

teedoff
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
You mean like dogpile.com? or such "meta" search engines?

jameswsparker
10-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes, very much like Dogpile my friend. :) :thumbsup:

In the future, I hope to introduce features to search hundreds of torrent sites in one go, etc.

How would I do this please? ;)

teedoff
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
lol Hire a bunch of VERY smart programmers and analysts and spend the next 2 or 3 years developing the algorithyms for such a project.

What I mean is, its not just a case of coding a few pages in php or such and really its beyond the scope of just asking "how do I do this".

jameswsparker
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Wouldn't I be able to just be able to link back to their sites and display the results they usually display, except where I want? I mean I've seen similar codes that can achieve similar results on other websites (but sadly not what I'm looking for).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum