View Full Version : Newbie with a couple ???'s

10-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Guys!

I'm a graphic designer who has begun to dabble in web design a little bit...I'm building a VERY SIMPLE rsvp website for my wedding and it's gone pretty well so far except that most of my guest's can't view it on their browsers. Personally, I used Google Chrome, but I tested it on Firefox and Safari on my computer...but other Safari users aren't able to view it.

any help would be SO GREATLY appreciated!

10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
What do you mean by "guest's can't view it on their browsers?" What exactly is the problem they are experiencing? And is the problem only being reported by Safari users?

Note that you have 23 errors and 3 warnings for your HTML:

Cleaning those up may or may not help, but it's the first place to go when you are concerned about cross-browser compatibility.

Also, please accept my regrets as I will not be able to attend.

10-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Seems to be an issue with the fonts your using...maybe?? When I view in IE9 I get a blank page with a small image in the bottom right that links to this page:

Now, as Rowsdower said, you do have some errors. One I saw right off was an improper comment tag. html comments are

<!-- Commented code -->

You have

<!-- Some Javascript //-->

But fixing those errors should be done first.

edit: ok maybe not the font issue, as the same image is on FF as well and I see your page there.