View Full Version : do search engines read webfonts?

sixrfan
10-24-2011, 03:48 AM
html5 webfonts are becoming a lot more popular with the wordpress themes i tend to use. do search engines pickup the text within the webfonts?

for instance, would they pickup the Lorem ipsum headings and subheadings in this theme demo? http://www.unispheredesign.com/demo/minim/white/

please advise. thanks in advance.

coin
10-24-2011, 06:28 AM
i don't see why they wouldn't. just view the source, that's what they're seeing.

jassi.singh
10-24-2011, 08:46 AM
search engines generally read the text HTML fonts.

sixrfan
10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
thanks. i can understand that text is text if its right next to eachother but the search engines still recognize a phrase or heading if its seperated by a lot of other html code, just like the text in that example site is?

<h3>
<cufon class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="Lorem " style="width: 97px; height: 30px; ">
<canvas width="122" height="34" style="width: 122px; height: 34px; top: -3px; left: -1px; "/>
<cufontext>Lorem</cufontext>
</cufon>
<cufon class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="ipsum" style="width: 86px; height: 30px; ">
<canvas width="91" height="34" style="width: 91px; height: 34px; top: -3px; left: -1px; "/>
<cufontext>ipsum</cufontext>
</cufon>
</h3>

so the search engines read it like this?

<h3>Lorem ipsum</h3>

is that right?

Apostropartheid
10-24-2011, 10:16 PM
thanks. i can understand that text is text if its right next to eachother but the search engines still recognize a phrase or heading if its seperated by a lot of other html code, just like the text in that example site is?

<h3>
<cufon class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="Lorem " style="width: 97px; height: 30px; ">
<canvas width="122" height="34" style="width: 122px; height: 34px; top: -3px; left: -1px; "/>
<cufontext>Lorem</cufontext>
</cufon>
<cufon class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="ipsum" style="width: 86px; height: 30px; ">
<canvas width="91" height="34" style="width: 91px; height: 34px; top: -3px; left: -1px; "/>
<cufontext>ipsum</cufontext>
</cufon>
</h3>

so the search engines read it like this?

<h3>Lorem ipsum</h3>

is that right?

That is JS processed code. Search engines read your raw HTML.

sixrfan
10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
That is JS processed code. Search engines read your raw HTML.

so... they don't read the words "Lorem Ipsum"???

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum