View Full Version : Setting the Browsers Language

charanrajd
10-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi Guys ,

This is the urgnt requirement , I want to change the Browsers setting languge through java script ,and according to it , The data wht I enter dhould be change .Thanks In advance

Philip M
10-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Not possible. JavaScript has no capability to access the client's operating system or the Windows registry, or alter the default behaviour of the browser.

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

charanrajd
10-07-2011, 01:04 PM
thank u Phillip ,

Actually my requirement is when I change locale of the Application , the input fields what we have on screen should accept the lacale language ,
For Exmaple : if I Switch the lang as French then the input fields wht we are entering should convert the french language ,

So for this I am using Google Translate API , but here I am unable to convert the staement as email id or group of Strings , I am able to convert the single string but not the sentence.

Philip M
10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Do you mean that if the user selects French then the text prompt for each input box should appear in French?

That is quite simple with <span style="display:none"> or "display:block"

Or do you mean that the input boxes will accxept French (accented) characters?

As I say, JavaScript has no capability to access the client's operating system or the Windows registry, or alter the default behaviour of the browser.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum