View Full Version : PHP and windows 8

maxhud
09-15-2011, 08:53 AM
I want to use some kind of server side language, like php (highly preferably php if that is possible because I know the language...) to develop windows 8 metro apps, but I don't know how.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I couldn't find anything about it online, since win8 came out yesterday for developers.

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend you get it at dev.windows.com. You can use HTML5 and JavaScript to make apps that you can sell :)

Wanna
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
I want to use some kind of server side language, like php (highly preferably php if that is possible because I know the language...) to develop windows 8 metro apps, but I don't know how.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I couldn't find anything about it online, since win8 came out yesterday for developers.

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend you get it at dev.windows.com. You can use HTML5 and JavaScript to make apps that you can sell :)

I think you can still use PHP (Try xampp or wamp or lamp)

btw, Im currently downloading it and will try it this evening

maxhud
09-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Do you think I can connect to a database?

maxhud
09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
BTW I mean in tandem with windows 8 metro....

Obviously you can use xampp standalone, but I want to use php with my metro apps..

Wanna
09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Do you think I can connect to a database?

Yes, If you use one of the things i said before (wampp, xamp or lamp) you can connect to a database (All the programs have database software included)

Wanna
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
BTW I mean in tandem with windows 8 metro....

Obviously you can use xampp standalone, but I want to use php with my metro apps..

This i don't know.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum