View Full Version : Javascript and session variable

delhipro
09-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi,

I am making a small software which will require activation.

My problem is when I activate my software after checking the key through my website I want to enter some information in registry of the user.

Now my problem is when I check the value through my website how can I return after verification to the local computer.

is it possible if I create a session variable or some other type of variable (not sure what type) and then read that variable on user computer. If that matches I will enter the code in registry.

Old Pedant
09-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Not with JavaScript.

The best you could do with JavaScript would be to set a cookie (or, with modern browsers, a very limited text file).

That's not a terrible solution. If you put an expiration time of, say, a year on the cookie, then the user has to renew their activation after a year.

It's not as good as a registry entry, but if your "small software" is written in JavaScript it's probably adequate.

delhipro
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Well cookie is also not working.

When I check a condition on my web server through my website, I am not able to return to local computer on which my software is being installed.

How can I return to local computer after checking value online.

I tried with Cookie, Session Variable, XML but nothing sending back true or false to the local computer.

I am using javascript on the local computer.

Please help.

How normally software works when they check data online and come back, if serial matches.

Old Pedant
09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I have no idea what you meant by all that.

You will have to show some code, I think, if you want help.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum