View Full Version : Comment box that sends me e-mail...

david88eve
09-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi! I want to create a 'comment box that when users sends a message trough,
it ends up in my e-mail inbox, together with a unique password (code)
Is this possible to do with Java? Thanks:thumbsup:

VIPStephan
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
With Java, maybe, but not with JavaScript, which is the forum in which you posted this and which has nothing to do with the former one. I’m going to move this to – hm – I suppose PHP is the most apparent choice.

BluePanther
09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
PHP was a good choice ;)

What exactly do you want this password to do? Email is simple, using the mail() function with correct validation. The scope of your problem depends entirely on what you want this password to do.

david88eve
09-12-2011, 10:57 PM
PHP was a good choice ;)

What exactly do you want this password to do? Email is simple, using the mail() function with correct validation. The scope of your problem depends entirely on what you want this password to do.

I just want the comment box to create a unique code for every single click (send) so that I can seperate the e-mails from eachother:o

BluePanther
09-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Still need more information :). How are you intending on separating these emails? Are the comments gonna be/being stored in a database with a unique identifier (an ID)?

david88eve
09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
yes, but I dont know how :o

BluePanther
09-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Is there currently a comment system in place? Do you just need the addition of sending mail?

david88eve
09-13-2011, 01:18 AM
I have no comment system at the moment:o

BluePanther
09-13-2011, 01:44 AM
What do you have in place at the moment? Is there SQL based content?

What exactly do you have at the moment, and how do you want it changed to suit your needs?

BluePanther
09-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Maybe I've misinterpreted. Are you just wanting an email form? No display of these 'comments' on your website?

david88eve
09-13-2011, 02:16 AM
No, it's my fault. I have no Idea what I'm talking about:o
I'm gonna try to explain what I mean:)
I need a form of somekind, where the user writes ''something'' and presses ''send'', then I receive an e-mail from the ''user'' with the ''something'' in it.
And along with the e-mail, I receive a code that's unique for every e-mail I receive from every ''user''

I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but I hope so:)

As you probably understand, I'm quite a newbie with php and databases, but I'm willing to learn:o

Thanks for your patience:thumbsup:

BluePanther
09-13-2011, 02:35 AM
something like this if you're looking to learn:
freecontactform.com/email_form.php which you'll need to add a random number part to the subject, to get the result you desire.

or if you're simply looking for a ready made script, a simple Google of 'php contact form' will probably provide you with something to suit :)

david88eve
09-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Will do that.. Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this:)
really appreciate it:thumbsup:

BluePanther
09-13-2011, 03:19 AM
No problem at all :) If you get stuck with any specifics just post on the forums again and someone (if not me) will help you out :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum