View Full Version : Graphic Recognition and Measurement - Coder needed

keystoneiss
08-31-2011, 05:33 PM
I've been in IT for 25+ years, security, hardware and network background, very little programming - a LONG time ago... (mid 80s). I'd like to speak to a coder who can give me an idea of scale, level of effort, time/cost and so on for a coding project. This project requires graphic recognition/comparison and variant identification, manipulation, measurement/calculations etc. Ties to scanner/camera and database of elements for identification. Desktop application which may eventually become web enabled.

Standard NDA required, and business agreements for development work in writing. Long term opportunity/relationship and follow on projects likely. I'm located in the DC area and although face to face meetings are preferred, they are not absolutely required (in this day and age)...

If this is not a good place to post this, please let me know or suggest a better outlet. -

Thank you,
Jeff

keystoneiss
09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Just for clarity - This message was moved here, which may or may not be strange as this is NOT a web project.

If developed I may -eventually- decide to opt for a web enabled or web ready version. As it is, development is intended as a standalone desktop application; in compiled code (actual construction is open for discussion).

I can give a few more details to get you thinking. The initial system would be for the identification (comparison) of 6000+ "stock" items; eventually this may grow to 100-150K individual items. The identification would key off of between 8-to-20 elements which involve both graphic details and physical measurement, some of which are minute... Speed and accuracy are both essential.

Thanks,
Jeff

Fumigator
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
It was moved here because we don't have any other "unknown sized projects" forums. It's not that we don't understand you're talking about a desktop application.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum