View Full Version : page looks like it is still loading

piman
08-27-2011, 04:49 AM
I have an entirely javascript page that once it is done it still looks like it is loading. This is more of an annoyance than anything harmful. The page can be viewed at http://mikedombrowski.com/mRNA.html
Thank you for your help in advance.

Philip M
08-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Sorry, I do not see the problem.

Old Pedant
08-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Same for me.

In what browser did you see this? No indication it is still loading in either Firefox or MSIE 7.

Looks perfectly normal.

Asher01
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
When you are on the main page, it doesn't continue loading.
However if you use the input field and hit 'Encode' or 'Decode' it then brings you to a page that continues loading until you hit stop.

Although I don't have a solution, I believe that might clarify things for anybody who may have a solution for the thread creator.

Logic Ali
08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
When you are on the main page, it doesn't continue loading.
However if you use the input field and hit 'Encode' or 'Decode' it then brings you to a page that continues loading until you hit stop.It's the usual problem of trying to use document.write in a closed document, which wipes-out all previous content including the script.

The crudest fix for what you have in place, is to call document.open(); prior to the first call to document.write. Then after the last document.write, call document.close(); That will stop the loading symbol but it's still a poor show.

It would be slightly better for the buttons to load separate pages that run the relevant function as they load.
There are more sophisticated solutions beyond the scope of this response.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum